Using enumerations in Basic4ppc

rossj

Licensed User
How do you access enumeration values in external dll's ? I am trialling the FieldSoftware PrinterCE program which uses Enumerations in some of the properties. For example: the "PrOrientation" property uses ORIENTATION.PORTRAIT or ORIENTATION.LANDSCAPE - the example they give is: PrinterCE1.PrOrientation = PrinterCE.ORIENTATION.LANDSCAPE <-this is the issue.:sign0085:

rossj

Licensed User
Thanks Erel, but I had already tried that option. It causes an "ArgumentException".
I contacted Field Software by email and they sent me a link to download a list of their global user definitions (prceuser.h). That does give a list of the value of each enumeration instead of trying to guess the value - but it doesn't solve the probelm.
I have responded to their email advising there must be something in their code causing the exception. I'll advise you if they have a solution.

dzt

Licensed User
Hi,

This is a simple b4ppc PrinterCE wrapper, written in VB.NET in the past for my own needs. Source code and SharpDevelop solution included.

Needs also PrCE_NetCF.DLL and PrinterCE.NETCF.DLL form FieldSoftware.

Attachments

• dzPrinterCE.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 290

rossj

Licensed User
Hi Guys,

The repsonse from Field Software was "We have not used Basic4ppc, so you will need to contact their support to determine how to accomplish what you are seeking."

I will download your wrapper - thanks for your assistance. :)

manu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi friends

You have any example of how to use Printerce with Basic4ppc?

Thank you