Using Erels Gps4ppc Open Source App., I would like to Integrate this...

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Folks,

:BangHead:After weeks of trying this myself, i came to a HALT!:BangHead:

I would like to Integrate this...

In the Menu Constellation I would like to Retrieve the Satellites Constellation information.
Also I would like to be able to Calculate Sunset and Sunrise Time, (not to forget the time change).
I added a imgButtSats Click on Form1, for the Satellite Signals.
And at last I would like to use a jpg or bmp image for a Moving Map.
Also if at all possible i would like to set Waypoints.
Since the map will be a picture (jpg, bmp), I would like to use the function DrawImage to put the picture on the screen, where the position of the origin is calculated as the distances from the relative coordinate to the map origin, multiplied by the factor of conversion from distance to pixels on the screen. The position is refreshed every time we get new position coordinates from the gps. Enclosed you will find a Positions Icon, Home MapB(JPG).

I think that i have to use GetSatellitesData, for the Sat Signals but i am not sure.
GetSatellitesData returns a structured array containing the following information:
ID - A number representing each satellite.
SignalStrength - The signal strength. Actual values may change between different GPS devices.
However higher values are better. Azimuth - Satellite azimuth in degrees.
Elevation - Satellite elevation in degrees. Used - True if the GPS currently uses this satellite and false otherwise.

If you could help me with this I would gladly show my Gratitude, and donate some $.

Thank you very much for your time and efforts!!!

Sincerely,

WmC

Viele Grüße an alle im Forum

PC: Laptop CoreDUo, Windows XP SP2 E
PPC:hp5550"ARM"/Windows CE 4.2
Bayern, Germany

Last edited:

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
satellites_soft

Hello derez

thank you for the Help, but i can not use satellites_soft. :sign0013:Cant find ImageLibExDesktop.dll. Where can i find the dll? Still i am not sure if this is usable. The (GPSDriver.dll) i cant use with the PPC of mine. As for the other App. it will not work!
It would be very, very nice if we get Erels little App to work.
I am out in the woods alot working, so sure be nice to have this in working order. It would really make me Happy. Again, I would show my Gratitude!!!

Thank you much,
Wmc

PPC:hp5555"ARM"/Windows CE 4.2
Bayern/Germany

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
ATTN: hello Mr. Agraham

Hello Mr. agraham

Thanks for your help, again.:)
After searching I found the dll. But, no LUCK with it. It also does not work.
Since I do not have a build in GPS Module, I can not use the GPSDriver.dll!
Is there another way we can get aroun this Problem?:sign0085:

Again Thank you very much for YOUR Help!!!

Sincerely

WmC

PPC:hp5555"ARM"/Windows CE 4.2
Bayern/Germany

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
ATTN: Mr. Agraham

Hi Mr. Agraham

I am assuming we are talking about the PPC here. (post #101).The OS I use is Windows CE 4.2/2003. As for the
Start->Settings->System->External GPS->Hardware->GPS hardware port. I do not have the (External GPS) option, on the PPC OS I use. For the PPC it is (SSP Slave). On the Laptop I use Blue FRITZ USB, to receive Connection with a Bluetooth GPS Clip-on and this is also ClipOn-BTGPS: (SSP Slave). So, how can I Integrate the above mentiond Items? (post #1).
And I thought the GPSDriver is only supported by Windows Mobile 5.0.
If I miss-understand something here, please do let me know.

Thank you very much for your time and efforts!!!

Sincerely,

WmC

Bayern, Germany

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am assuming we are talking about the PPC here. (post #101).The OS I use is Windows CE 4.2/2003.
:sign0013: I thought, because you mentioned GetSatelliteData in your first post, that you were trying to convert GPS4PPC to use GPSDriver.dll which is, as you say, only available on WM5.0 and later. However you can use my http://www.b4x.com/forum/additional-libraries/3327-gpsserial-library.html#post18685 which looks much the same as GPSDriver but runs on any device with .NET2.0 and a serial port connected to a GPS.

Where did that constellation picture come from? It looks like the one from my GPSSerial demo, in which case why is the GPS4ppc code you attached not using GPSSerial? You won't be able to do a constellation with GPS.dll as it doesn't give you the satellite data. I obviously do not understand your problem or what you are trying to do. :confused:

Exactly what are you having trouble with and what do you want to do?

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
:)Hi Mr. Agraham

Thanks a heap for your quick Responce!

Yes, it is your GPSSerial demo, and it does Work on my PPC! VERY NICE.
I would like to Integrate the Constellation Form of your APP.,to use with Erels Gps4ppc and would like to get the Information.It shows the ID, SNR, El, Az,ect.like on your Information Form. Erels Gps4ppc APP. Connects on (port8) on my PPC, and it also uses Serial2.dll. It works a heap. So using Erels Gps4ppc APP.,I want to Integrate your Constellation Form, and the satellite data. Then I need Sunset/Sunrise. At last I really, really would like to add a
MovingMap JPG/BMP that shows position coordinates on the Map which is refreshed every time we get new position coordinates from the gps, and at last set Waypoints. I have been dreaming of something like that, since I started working out in the Field. I have to know where I am at all times thus using a Map, I can set waypoints. At times I dont get out of the Woods, until way after dark!

So...
Add Functionality to Erels Gps4ppc APP:

1)Integrate your Constellation Form.
2)your satellite data
3)Sunset/Sunrise
4)Movingmap/Waypoints

Mr. Agraham, Thank you very very much for your time and efforts with Helping me!!!
If you have anymore Questions, please do let me know!

Sincerely,

WmC
P.S. :):)I could give you a Kiss for helping, but...ha, ha, ha.:):)

Bayern, Germany

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to Integrate your Constellation Form, and the satellite data.
As you will need to use GPSSerial.dll instead of GPS.dll to get the data for the constellation display it would be easier to integrate what you want from GPS4PPC into my GPSSerialData. I would put each of the forms that you want from GPS4PPC into a separate module and pick up the GPS data from Main form Public variables as I do for the satellite data in the Graphic module that shows the constellation.

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User

Again,Thanks a heap for your quick Responce! You are Quick.
O.K. on all that Info! But, a new Member to the Site and also new to GPS Programming this is going to be pretty hard for me to do.
So I must ask: :sign0085:Would you PLEASE Help me with this?:sign0137:

Sincerely,

WmC
P.S. I could give you a Kiss for helping, but...ha, ha, ha.

Bayern, Germany

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User

Again,Thanks a heap for your quick Responce! You are Quick.
O.K. on all that Info! But, a new Member to the Site and also new to GPS Programming this is going to be pretty hard for me to do.

Mr. Agraham you stated : I would put each of the forms that you want from GPS4PPC into a separate module and pick up the GPS data from Main form Public variables as I do for the satellite data in the Graphic module that shows the constellation.
I tried this:
With your GPS SerialData APP I went to Menu/Moduls/AddExistingModule. Here I added all the GPS4PPC Forms. Is this correct? If it is, then we are in good shape. Sorry, but I do not understand pick up the GPS data from Main form Public variables as I do for the satellite data in the Graphic module that shows the constellation.

So I must ask: :sign0085:Would you PLEASE Help me with this?:sign0137:

Sincerely,

WmC
P.S. I could give you a Kiss for helping, but...ha, ha, ha.

Bayern, Germany

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here I added all the GPS4PPC Forms. Is this correct?
It's your program - you tell me! There's no one correct way to do anything.

I do not understand pick up the GPS data from Main form Public variables
The GPS object belongs to the Main module. If it is open it is read once per second by Main.Timer1_Tick which stores the satellite data for the Constellation in Public SatsData() and then calls the update code of whichever Form is presently shown. Although the update code could read Main.GPS directly to get the data I chose to store it in a Public array. You could modify Timer1 to store whatever other data your other Forms want in Public variables or you could choose to read Main.GPS directly from the update code.

Would you PLEASE Help me with this
Only to the extent of answering specific questions or problems. I'm not going to code it for you as I spend far too much time doing this already and I have other things I should be spending my time on (the grass and weeds are growing now spring is here :( and a heron's just had most of the goldfish :mad::mad::mad:).

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Mr.Agraham

Good Morning,

Thanks to your quick Responce! I was up all Night working on the code, but cant get things in Order. :sign0148:Added all of the GPS4PPC Forms, did some coding and Timer1 modification also, but still does not want to Work.(Darn it):BangHead:
Its pretty hard to see things straight! Regardless of what I try, just cant get the ends together, on my own.

Mr.Agraham, Thank you very very much for your time and efforts with Helping me!:)

:sign0085:Now I am asking on this Forum for direct Help!:sign0085:
Is anybody willing to code this for me? It sure means alot to me. I would really appreciate this!!!I would show my Gratitude.

Sincerely,

WmC

Bayern, Germany

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Wmc

version 5 runs on 2003

since it is not sold anymore, may be you can get it for free (I have the installation file but you'll need a registration code).

Last edited:

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
:)Hi Mr David Erez
Thanks a heap for trying to help.
GPSTuner is a killer App. :sign0060: It does work on the OS I use. Also, it is NOT OPEN SOURCE CODE! But I dont need all of that.
I want to use my own Maps (JPG/BMP), and would like to set Waypoints.
Also not to forget Sunrise/Sunset. At the time I am working on a App using Databanks. Its a might simpler, then coding GPS. :BangHead:But I am also busting :BangHead:Heads, with this.

Mr. Agraham wrote:
The GPS object belongs to the Main module. If it is open it is read once per second by Main.Timer1_Tick which stores the satellite data for the Constellation in Public SatsData() and then calls the update code of whichever Form is presently shown. Although the update code could read Main.GPS directly to get the data I chose to store it in a Public array. You could modify Timer1 to store whatever other data your other Forms want in Public variables or you could choose to read Main.GPS directly from the update code.

So Mr. Erez, if you would like to help me with this, well...:sign0137:

THAT, I would Appreciate very much!

Sincerely,

WmC

Bayern, Germany

Last edited:

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My contribution to your project - my map calibration program that will show you how I made the maps zoom and move.

Attachments

• Map_cal97D.sbp
    10.9 KB · Views: 141