Java Question Using JGrib java library

hlo63

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am new at B4A and Java. I have done some development in VB and VBA.
I want to create an application that will, in a first time, read an display on a map weather forecast data extracted from Grib files (wind, pressure, rain,...).

A Java library (JGrib) has been developed to read and decode gribfiles. It is freely available in SourceForge.

I want to use this library within B4A. I have read all the posts regarding creating a B4A library using existing Java libraries. I have successfully created "MyFisrtLib" following the tutorial, but I am a still confused as to how I can expose Classes, Properties, Methods of the JGrib library.

I was looking for either :
- an example of the java code that has to be written in eclipse to do so but I did not find it in the forum,
- some help and may be the first lines of the java code that has to be written for this specific library.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Henri

hlo63

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

Thank you for your reply.
I already had the @DependsOn annotation in my eclipse project.

The thing is that I do not know how to "create methods in the wrapper that access the other library". An example would be very helpful. For example, in the JGrib Library, one of the main class is "GribFile". How do I expose it and how do I expose one of its method like for example "getRecord"?

Henri