Android Question V 5.02: Separation of Subs

GuyBooth

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've replaced my V 4.xx version of B4A so I am unable to go back and check - but weren't the Sub Routines separated by a light grey line? It helped me to instinctively understand my code separation ....
Have we lost that? Is there some way to turn it back on?
I also no longer see the vertical light grey grid that allowed me to match up beginning and ends of If ... Then statements and other conditionals.

GuyBooth

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately indeed. I don't buy the arguments in that thread that you "Should" put spaces between subs - a line is much more definitive - and I use spaces within subs during development. Now I can't tell which spaces are which ... interesting that we can't have a full line, yet we have the tiny tiny "stub" on the left hand side.

I DO like the Click on the "If" to show the corresponding "else/end if". With that I can live without the vertical lines.
Many years ago I worked with a modifiable IDE (I think for Quicksilver) and set it up so when you typed in an "If" the corresponding "End If" was automatically inserted a few lines lower. Ditto for all types of loops. Was a pleasure to work with - and I've never seen it done anywhere else :)

Upvote 0

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Many years ago I worked with a modifiable IDE (I think for Quicksilver) and set it up so when you typed in an "If" the corresponding "End If" was automatically inserted a few lines lower. Ditto for all types of loops. Was a pleasure to work with - and I've never seen it done anywhere else :)

I built an addin for VB4+ that did all kinds of auto completion such as end if (plus the "then"), etc. Funny thing is I eventually converted the addin to Delphi so it was a VB addin built in Delphi ;)

Upvote 0