Beta V5.00 beta #4 is now available

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
I apologize if this is not the right place to post comments about v5.0 Beta ...

I'm thrilled with v5.0 Beta. I have Update #4 and so far it works great! However, I notice one immediate difference from the old pre-5.0 versions: response to edits is no longer "snappy." There is a significant amount of sluggishness when using it; ie, characters appear on the screen maybe 250ms after entering them on the keyboard. It's not an issue of laptop power or OS (latest Lenovo ThinkPad, Win 8.1, 64bit ...). I don't have the problem with any other apps. I haven't seen this mentioned yet in the forum though. Is it just me?

Upvote 0

Devv

Licensed User
Longtime User
I apologize if this is not the right place to post comments about v5.0 Beta ...

I'm thrilled with v5.0 Beta. I have Update #4 and so far it works great! However, I notice one immediate difference from the old pre-5.0 versions: response to edits is no longer "snappy." There is a significant amount of sluggishness when using it; ie, characters appear on the screen maybe 250ms after entering them on the keyboard. It's not an issue of laptop power or OS (latest Lenovo ThinkPad, Win 8.1, 64bit ...). I don't have the problem with any other apps. I haven't seen this mentioned yet in the forum though. Is it just me?
i remember seeing a message in the beta 5, it was something like:
if the compiler is a bit slow, try updating your .netframework to the latest .

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just as an update to my previous posts in this thread:

I did in fact have .Net Framework 4.5.2 installed when I reported the sluggishness problem. However, I can report that the "problem" completely went away, even in the BETA version, within about 24 hrs. It wasn't because I toggled Implicit Auto Completion to off - it was something else. It could even have been some kind of background updates happening on my machine from something else. Anyway, problem is no longer. BETA worked great, and release v5.00 is also excellent! Thanks for the responses.

Upvote 0