Other V5.20 BETA has been released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Developers who are eligible for a free upgrade should receive an email with the download link.
This update adds a very important new feature, the "Starter service".

The Starter service is a special service module that serves as the program entry point in all cases. This solves one of the most common bugs in Android apps which happens when the program starts from a secondary activity or service and some of the resources are not ready.

See this link for more information: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/new-feature-starter-service.56923/#content

Other improvements:
  • Blocks completion: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/56983
  • The backwards / forward navigation feature was improved and there is a new list with the recent locations (Alt + N).
  • The Logs font can be changed.
  • Sub names are bold.
  • RingtoneManager.Play method.
  • New Designer navigation pad.
  • Warnings engine improved.
  • #SignKeyFile / SignKeyPassword attributes. Allows using a different signing key.
  • Colors list in the designer color picker.
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
This is a beta version. You are advised to backup your projects before loading them in the new version.

You can install the beta version in a different folder and keep both versions.

Thank you for your help!
Please start a new thread for any issue you encounter.

Gerrard

Licensed User
Longtime User
Developers who are eligible for a free upgrade should receive an email with the download link.
This update adds a very important new feature, the "Starter service".

The Starter service is a special service module that serves as the program entry point in all cases. This solves one of the most common bugs in Android apps which happens when the program starts from a secondary activity or service and some of the resources are not ready.

See this link for more information: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/new-feature-starter-service.56923/#content

Please start a new thread for any issue you encounter.

[/quote] I received the email and downloaded the .exe file for V5.20 Beta.
I installed V5.20 beta.
In the following code I got the message "An item with the same key has already been added" at the End Sub of the Sub Globals

B4X:
Sub Globals
   'These global variables will be redeclared each time the activity is created.
   'These variables can only be accessed from this module.
   ProgName = Application.LabelName  ' String from the #ApplicationLabel
   ProgVer  = Application.VersionName  ' Int from the #VersionName
   Dim EndDate As String
   Dim Now As Long
   Dim ThreeDaysAhead As Long
   Dim lblHeading As Label
   Dim lblInfo As Label
   Dim lblUntil As Label

Dim HexNumber As String
   Dim DecNumber As Int
   Dim DecTextNumber As String

Dim lblHexIs As Label
   Dim lblDecIs As Label
   Dim lblHex As Label
   Dim lblDec As Label
   Dim lblEnterDecNo As Label

Dim EditText1 As EditText
   Dim btnGo As Button
End Sub
I looked at thread 43216 and did as you suggested and deleted the file b4xV5.ini
The error still remained.
So I re-downloaded the .exe for V5.02 beta in case there had been corruption in the download, and re-installed V5.20 beta.
The error still remained.
So, I re-installed V5.02 and the message disappeared.

Please can you help
Regards
Gerrard

Upvote 0

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same problem; but i found it currently only by one app. One big app, which is ten times bigger, works without problem.
I didnt research more...

Upvote 0

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
Your tipp was right, i finally found the problem of double dim, one was private, the other dim. Now it compiles ok!

Thanks!

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I should not put my beak everywhere, but ...

This is one of the reasons why you (we) should choose well the names of the variables:

I use the prefix m for "global local" (m for module) e g for truly global variables (global process)

Upvote 0

JohnK

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there any single location that has the change-log/feature upgrade for each individual version, for all the versions.

It probably sounds a lot more complex than what it is. I simply have an old version (v3.2) so to see ALL the changes since then, I would have to find the specific threads on each upgrade since then. Is this list already compiled somewhere?

Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there any single location that has the change-log/feature upgrade for each individual version, for all the versions.

Try the search function of the forum and you will find this thread.

Upvote 0