Version 5.00 has been released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
Version 5.00 has been released.
All users who bought Basic4ppc in the last 12 months and all enterprise users should receive an email with the upgrade instructions in a couple of days.
What's New can be found here.

Note that version 5.00 is a little bit more strict than previous versions.
After getting used to it I'm sure that you will see that it is making your programs better and with less bugs.

I want to thank you all for the great participation in the Basic4ppc community :D.
Regards,
Erel

sloopa

Licensed User
I hope I'll get your email soon...:sign0060:

btw: the link to the new functions don't work!

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Note that version 5.00 is a little bit more strict than previous versions.
After getting used to it I'm sure that you will see that it is making your programs better and with less bugs.

Does this mean that programs NOT compiled, still sbp files, created in previous versions will have to be reviewed?

MichaelO

Licensed User
Backward Compatibility

Hi Erel, How much of version 5 is compatable with NetFramework 1? I like the thought of some backwards compatibility. This allows people with older PDA's to use programs that we write.
Thanks
Michael O

Louis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel! Basic4ppc Version 5.00 rocks! I love the speed on this thing, even when my app is running from source! Keep it up! I am buying the next upgrade once my year is up. I won't get the Enterprise version, because I feel you need to be supported as long as you make a great product, so in turn I like the thought of donating. You keep up the great work and let me know when my year is up so I can give you another $29.00 or however much it will cost from now on. Take care! I am very happy!

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel
You continue amazing me with your expertise and speed of development.
The strict syntax check at compilation helped me find errors I would never have detected in a source of over 2000 lines.

I remember having purchased my copy via PayPal, but can't find this option in your new web site.

You should add a PayPal donation button. It is not only B4PPC, your support as well is out of this world.

Cheers
Robert

manu

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi Erel

I hope I'll get your email soon...

could it be printed with this version?

thank you , Erel

david

Licensed User
Thank you very much

Hi Erel,

I only purchased my copy a few days ago.

I was very pleased to see that I got the update.

I really haven't had the time to start working with the old version very much, but from what I have seen, I am very pleased.

I didn't realize that I would get a year of updates with the $29.00 product, but I was pleased to see that I would, indeed have this access.

Many others would have left me to buy a new version.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

David

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for allowing the word wrap to be toggled in the device - what a difference, the best has just got better :sign0098:

Whats the chance of giving us an adjustable snap to spacing on the device GUI in the next version?

Keep up the could work Erel :sign0188:

Regards,
RandomCoder