Version 6.01 Problem with SIP Features of Hardware Library

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
[Resolved, see last post] Version 6.01 Problem with SIP Features of Hardware Library

SIP Features do not work on the device if and only if I use an .EXE, compiled on the Desktop IDE.

If run from the device IDE, the program does just what required: When Option "Edit/Options/Keyboard Spaces" is checked, it reacts to opening and closing the SIP Keyboard by correct resizing.

If run from a compiled version which I installed using Setup Builder, the SIP is totally ignored. That means: The SIPChanged Event does not fire and when starting I get a Null Reference Exception plus and the Debug MsgBox shows a negative value, which should be a value of approx. 50 instead.

The Hardware DLL should be the newest provided with Version 6.01 of B4PPC (date is Dec 16, 2007), IDE on Desktop and Device are 6.01, .NET CF is latest version (downloaded and installed on the device yesterday)

Please see attached file for the Code, just search for "SIP" to find the relevant places. You need the components Hardware (obvious), Formlib and Treeview:)

Last edited:

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
TextEditor works, but mine not

I double checked. Also, Using Hardware1.SIPHeight instead of the Control(...) way does not help.

Also Checked whether installation on Device vs Memory Card makes a difference. Result: Non. Should I attach the Sept.Exe?

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Solved

Thanks for your help. Solutions was to update the HardwareDesktop.dll to the latest version manually (interestingly, I had it removed via Desktop IDE and replace before, and that did not help. Why ever...)

So, what I have learnt for the future: In order to compile for the device you also need the correct Desktop library in your source code folder, although it will not needed for execution in the device. (Quit unexpexted behaviour, maybe sth for the wishlist).

Now Version 1.02 with better SIP-Behaviour an be found here:

http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8357#post8357