Version 6.3 Device Executeable?

david

Licensed User
Hello,

I have been working on other projects for many months and have just gotten back to my Basic4PPC programming.

With Version 6.3 when I compile for the device (using the optimization option), I get an application that runs on Windows, but when I try this device compiled application on my Dell Axim X30 it won't run at all.

I don't even get an error message. I have tried adding the configuration files, but that makes no difference.

If I compile with the QVA option and move the application, dll, and configuration files over to the device, I get an error that the dll can't be found.

I have the compact framework 2.0 sp2, 3.0 sp2 and 3.5 sp1 installed on my desktop.

Can someone explain what is happening.

Thank you.

Regards,

David
:sign0085:

Zenerdiode

Licensed User
Have you ensured the Compact Framework has actually been delivered to the device? You may check with ActiveSync; have your Device connected and do a 'Tools>Add/Remove Programs' in ActiveSync and it should show 'Microsoft .Net CF 2.0'

david

Licensed User
Thank You....

Thank you very much.

I think what I forget was that the last version of Basic4PPC used the .net CF 1.0 which came installed on the device.

Thanks for such quick assistance.

Regards,

David