VGA + TabControl

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by Elrick, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Elrick

Elrick Member Licensed User

Hello! I'm sorry, if someone asked this before, but devices with VGA screens dont show tabs from the ControlsEx library:sign0161: Im using Erel's code from "working with VGA screens" thread. I hope there is a decision somewhere?

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

You will need to add the following code in sub ChangeToVga:
    Code:
    Case "TabControl.TabControl"

Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Left = 2 * Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Left

Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Top = 2 * Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Top

Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Height = 2 * Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Height

Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Width = 2 * Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Width

3. Elrick

Added. No effect :-( Tabs just not appears in the middle of the screen... Program tested on glofiish x500+ with NET CF 3,5

4. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

Is that a SmartPhone? I am afraid that I don't think the TabControl is present on SmartPhones!

5. Elrick

no no! Its PDA of course. Im scared to make programs for smartphones - even on PDA there is a lot of problems wits screens :)

6. Erel

Can you take a screenshot?

7. willisgt

willisgt Active Member Licensed User

Elrick, I assure you that TabControl does indeed work on VGA devices. I've used it without a problem on an HTC Advantage and an HP iPaq 210.

I can't know exactly what the problem is, but it's not due solely to VGA.

Gary

8. Elrick

I'm sorry for the delay. This is really interesting... I've attached 2 screenshots:
    1 - how it looks on my Glofiish M700
    2 - how it looks on my friend's pda with vga screen
    I really dont know why it works for all except me... I even have added "bring to front" property to tabcontrol. Still no effect... Can anybody make code with TabControl which works on their device?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      23.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      13.2 KB
      Views:
  9. Erel

Are you sure that the Glofiish M700 has a VGA screen (480 * 640)?
    The specifications I found say that it has a regular QVGA screen.

10. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

Which device are we talking about? Have you tried reducing the size of the TabControl in case it is a size issue and the tabs are off the screen?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  11. Elrick

We talking about
    First screenshot was only for comparison - how it looks on my non-vga device (and how i want it to look on vga) and the second - how it really looks on vga device.
    It is very strange, but the problem was here... I've added "Top-50" property to TabControl and also "top+50" property to all panels on this form. I dont know why, but it works:)