VGA + TabControl

Elrick

Licensed User
Hello! I'm sorry, if someone asked this before, but devices with VGA screens dont show tabs from the ControlsEx library:sign0161: Im using Erel's code from "working with VGA screens" thread. I hope there is a decision somewhere?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You will need to add the following code in sub ChangeToVga:
B4X:
Case "TabControl.TabControl"
                Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Left = 2 * Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Left
                Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Top = 2 * Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Top
                Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Height = 2 * Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Height
                Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Width = 2 * Control(Controls(i),TabControl).Width

Elrick

Licensed User
Added. No effect :-( Tabs just not appears in the middle of the screen... Program tested on glofiish x500+ with NET CF 3,5

Elrick

Licensed User
no no! Its PDA of course. Im scared to make programs for smartphones - even on PDA there is a lot of problems wits screens :)

willisgt

Licensed User
Elrick, I assure you that TabControl does indeed work on VGA devices. I've used it without a problem on an HTC Advantage and an HP iPaq 210.

I can't know exactly what the problem is, but it's not due solely to VGA.

Gary

Elrick

Licensed User
I'm sorry for the delay. This is really interesting... I've attached 2 screenshots:
1 - how it looks on my Glofiish M700
2 - how it looks on my friend's pda with vga screen
I really dont know why it works for all except me... I even have added "bring to front" property to tabcontrol. Still no effect... Can anybody make code with TabControl which works on their device?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 191

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

Elrick

Licensed User
Which device are we talking about?
We talking about
Program tested on glofiish x500+ with NET CF 3,5
First screenshot was only for comparison - how it looks on my non-vga device (and how i want it to look on vga) and the second - how it really looks on vga device.
Have you tried reducing the size of the TabControl in case it is a size issue and the tabs are off the screen?
It is very strange, but the problem was here... I've added "Top-50" property to TabControl and also "top+50" property to all panels on this form. I dont know why, but it works:)