Virtual B4PPC (for safety & for use within Linux)

Discussion in 'Code Samples & Tips' started by LineCutter, Oct 19, 2008.

1. LineCutter

LineCutter Active Member Licensed User

I've just started fiddling with the registry & didn't fancy the idea of getting shut out of windows by my own stupidity. There is a safer way: use a virtual machine.
    I've now got an old copy of XP running in a virtualbox machine, with basic4PPC installed in it. Take a snapshot of the system & you can roll it back to a working version, but from outside the OS.
    VirtualBox also runs under Linux, so there is the possibility of developing software on a Linux box (albeit while actually owning a copy of windows to use basic4PPC & to run the programs).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  2. moster67

moster67 Expert Licensed User

These virtual machines are great stuff. I am using VMWare but there are others out there as well - I believe Microsoft has one called VirtualPC - and the good thing is that most of them are free of charge.

rgds,
    moster67

3. Tirs

Tirs Member Licensed User

Been using B4PPC with VirtualBox on Linux for a while. The coolest thing is the "Fluid mode" (is it "Liquid mode" in English? We use the word "Fluid" in Catalan): "Look ma, Gnome Basic4PPC!" :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice