B4J Question Waiting for debugger to connect...

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've used debugger mode a lot without any issue with b4j. Several days usied just Release mode. Today, when I tried to run again in debugger mode, I get the error from the title. Running B4J with '-log' I get the following.
B4X:
Gui: 121
Compilation task: 946.0014

RapidDebugger: Trying to connect to port: 59812, attempts left: 20
RD: debugger switching to alternate port
RD e: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: NET_Bind
RD e:     at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind0(Native Method)
RD e:     at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(PlainSocketImpl.java:132)
RD e:     at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.bind(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:436)
RD e:     at java.base/java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:381)
RD e:     at java.base/java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:243)
RD e:     at anywheresoftware.b4a.DebugConnector.mainLoop(DebugConnector.java:89)
RD e:     at anywheresoftware.b4a.DebugConnector.run(DebugConnector.java:54)
RD e:     at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
RD: exit
ExitCode: 0
Output:

Error:
Checked with netstat and port 59812 is not used.
Tried to fully stop the firewall with the same result.
Im running B4J v 9.10 With Windows 10 x64 and openjdk11 (same error with openjdk14).

Any hints on how to troubleshoot this?
Can be something related to my code?

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately not. Seems to be related to my previous post regarding the same issue with a previous version of B4J.. Waiting for debugger to connect ...
On my PC I'm running different applications that define virtual IP addresses (Hyper-V, different VPN connection types, etc..)
I've temporarily disabled all other interfaces except the main one, used to connect to the LAN. Now debugger works again. I still think is an issue in the way B4J handles local IP addresses. If I remember correctly, I've updated B4J after last time when debugger was working with all virtual interfaces active.

Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Then this is an old issue. I think it may help if you are allowed to select the IP address on which B4J listen for the debugger functionality.

Upvote 0