Wallpaper instruction installation on transparent activity

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Everyone, hopefully i can get an answer to this question.
i have a transparent activity which shows up when the application is installed, this is just a few panels with instructions on how to install the live walllpaper, the panel contains three buttons, one button that can take the user to check out more live wallpapers on the market, the second button which can opens up the live wallpaper menu, and the third button which closes the activity. However the activity only shows up when i install the apk through Basic4Android, but if i grab the apk file then put it in my SD card and install from there, the activity doesn't show up, the wallpaper installs just fine and i can set it from the wallpaper menu, but the activity doe not show up. Is there anything i need to add on the manifest file so that when users download the app from the market the transparent activity will show up first?

I really hope someone can answer this question, i have posted questions about other issues, and have not had any luck getting any responses.

thanks all!

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Wallpaper help

Erel thanks for the reply, i know that, but i have the
B4X:
AddReplacement(<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN", />
code so that the App icon won't show in the app tray, but i have seen this with other apps where the app icon doesn't show up, but when you install from the Googleplay, a sort of dialog appears first which shows instructions to install wallpaper, can this be done with basic4android?

here's a link to an app which does this!

thanks again Erel!

Upvote 0