Beta [WARNING] Multi Designer Window issue

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here something strange. I have a large project with 10 or so activities. I had one open designer window with let's call LayoutZ open, which actually isn't even being used in an activity yet (might be helpful info). I then decided to change something in another layout Let's call it LayoutX so I opened another designer window and opened LayoutX (remember LayoutZ is still open in another Designer window). I make my change, save it and then "release" it to my device. I start my particular activity in my app that uses LayoutX and I get a "first initialized" error. I then notice it's actually trying to use LayoutZ (was hard to tell because of the big error popup). So I try Debug-Legacy and everything works as expected. So I figured let's close LayoutZ designer, release and success. Just to verify I reopened LayoutZ with LayoutX still being opened, released and bam, still trying to load LayoutZ. All other activities seemed to open their proper layout.

Hopefully that's enough to reproduce and therefore correct. Thanks

P.S. I will further test and report back with other activities/layouts to help further narrow down the potential issue

EDIT: OK I think I have narrowed down the problem. The problem is if I "save" LayoutZ with another layout open it over writes the other layout file. ouch. thank goodness for back ups

Last edited: