Way to decrease memory usage

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by Andrew_572, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Andrew_572

Andrew_572 New Member Licensed User

In most questions I am happy with this software, it's easy in use, have good documentation. But I have now one problem, which doing B4P unusable for me. Compiled device.exe-s, when it loaded into PC, allocate giant amounts of memory.
    For example, I have compiled and loaded on FS loox N560 Sover program from Samples. I have selected this sample, because it size close to size of my program. And, when i am loading SKTools, and checking Processes, I see Size 1052672 bytes and heap size 1830800 bytes. It is close to allocations for my program. I think, it is too much for such program, 3Mb - it's normal size for middle-size navigation system, or for good media player.
    Now I have my program wrote in Mort Scritp, and when I am loading it I have with MortScript.exe summary less then 1000K. I am trying to write it on the B4P, because teoretically, in compiled form, it must be less.
    Possible, peoples know some way to decrease memory usage? I will glad to know how to do it. :sign0085:

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Did you use the optimized compilation option?
    Basic4ppc compiled applications are .Net applications.
    Some memory is required for the .Net framework.

Did you run to any memory issues?
    The .Net Garbage Collector handles the memory in such a way that if memory is not available it will take less memory.

3. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

Unless you have actually experienced an out of memory error I think that you are imagining a problem that doesn't exist. I think you meant the Solver example. This program should take up very little memory when run The .NET framework may well have reserved a lot of memory but it doesn't mean that it cannot be released if another process requires it.

4. Andrew_572

Andrew_572 New Member Licensed User

I am not so familiar with .NET, and I hope you are right, will check it when my program will ready.