Way to decrease memory usage

Andrew_572

Licensed User
In most questions I am happy with this software, it's easy in use, have good documentation. But I have now one problem, which doing B4P unusable for me. Compiled device.exe-s, when it loaded into PC, allocate giant amounts of memory.
For example, I have compiled and loaded on FS loox N560 Sover program from Samples. I have selected this sample, because it size close to size of my program. And, when i am loading SKTools, and checking Processes, I see Size 1052672 bytes and heap size 1830800 bytes. It is close to allocations for my program. I think, it is too much for such program, 3Mb - it's normal size for middle-size navigation system, or for good media player.
Now I have my program wrote in Mort Scritp, and when I am loading it I have with MortScript.exe summary less then 1000K. I am trying to write it on the B4P, because teoretically, in compiled form, it must be less.
Possible, peoples know some way to decrease memory usage? I will glad to know how to do it. :sign0085:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Unless you have actually experienced an out of memory error I think that you are imagining a problem that doesn't exist. I think you meant the Solver example. This program should take up very little memory when run The .NET framework may well have reserved a lot of memory but it doesn't mean that it cannot be released if another process requires it.

Andrew_572

Licensed User
I am not so familiar with .NET, and I hope you are right, will check it when my program will ready.