Share My Creation Waziup-IoT (Africa's biggest IoT platform) waste bin management - Team Ethiopia

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Dani' salami
I am in China and I watch CGTN (China Global TV Network) because it's the only channel in English. Very informative.
Unfortunately I can't watch this video on YouTube .
Good luck!

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Porting B4R as such is possible too..

Another video on CGTN Africa for the previous post
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...gement-system-africas-big-iot-platform.84462/

Wow!
Nice project. Just today I able to watch the video..
One question:
SMS needs SIM card and if the system uses one SIM card for each bin, then this will result in a substantial amount
of monthly fees paid to the phone company. Is that what it is? I know there can be a deal for IoT providers that will give
you a considerable discount, but for city-wide coverage the city will still pay a lot of money each month. Am I missing something?

Best regards. B

DaniDPX

Licensed User
@Beja Thanks for your comments here...

So regarding the SIM card, this was just a prototype version of what we’re about to build. Actually we still use SIM for the gateway device that will be communicating with all nearest Bins via RF (Radio frequency).
So, we might have a few of those gateways. On this video we just combined both the gateway and the sensor in a single device.

Regards;
Daniel G.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Beja Thanks for your comments here...

So regarding the SIM card, this was just a prototype version of what we’re about to build. Actually we still use SIM for the gateway device that will be communicating with all nearest Bins via RF (Radio frequency).
So, we might have a few of those gateways. On this video we just combined both the gateway and the sensor in a single device.

Regards;
Daniel G.

Yup!
That's what I thought also.. Bulk communication via rf. This however will make the design a little complex because you will need to poll all bins in the city instead of waiting for SMS messages. I understand you will group the bins in small zones.. An intermediate controller or gateway polls all bins in its zone.. Then central office polls the intermediate controllers.

Best regards. B

DaniDPX

Licensed User
Sure thing!
Yup!
That's what I thought also.. Bulk communication via rf. This however will make the design a little complex because you will need to poll all bins in the city instead of waiting for SMS messages. I understand you will group the bins in small zones.. An intermediate controller or gateway polls all bins in its zone.. Then central office polls the intermediate controllers.

Best regards. B