We have a winner!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to announce that derez has won the calculators competition.
His scientific calculator - SCalculator is really a great calculator.

medal-blue-gold.gif

:sign0098:

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
WOW, he's won the first medal on the forum.
Congratulations Derez :sign0188:

Maybe this could be included under his advatar for all to see ;)
Regards,
RandomCoder.

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Calculator

Thanks to all of you.
It is very clear to me that without the continuous help, examples and solutions coming mainly from Erel but from other members of the forum as well, I wouldn't have succeeded in doing what I had in mind.
As my appreciation to you all, I submit the next version of SCalculator, see the new thread about it.

:):sign0188:

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Shalom David,

I was 'blown away' by the choice of colors :)
Seriously, what I saw behind the scene (source code) exhibits an amazing
level of know-how and devotion to the project. Is your wife still with you? :)

Kokoro kara omedetou gozaimasu! Heartful congratulations!

Robert

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
What next competition?

Have you any idea's?

What about a moonlander type game?
I've seen in the Q&A Forum that one of our members is already attempting it.
Should be fun, what do you think, or have you any better idea's?

Regards,
RandomCoder

forisco

Licensed User
New challange.

Excuse me for the delay, randomcoder :eek:

I don't have found yet a good graphic program (like a little photoshop).

Who accept the challenge?

Last edited:

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's a nice idea, but I'm affraid that I didn't do all that well on the icon editor which is a similar type of application.
I only wish my programming skills were good enough to create an application like photoshop.

Regards,
RandomCoder

forisco

Licensed User
It's right, randomcoder, the two programs are similar. But i want to try to test my skills (i am a masochist :))

Then, i launch a new challenge : a score editor, like Finale.
Finale is a music program that allows to write a music score with the notes, the rests and all the music symbol. And it allows to listen the written notes.

It's a nice challenge, eh?

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sounds interesting!
Can I suggest that we leave things till after the Christmas period, things are a little hectic at present.

PS. I don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm.

Regards,
RandomCoder

colin9876

Licensed User
re run

hey cant u guys rerun the bitmap editor comp, I could really use one of those (i.e. one that actually saves to a bitmap!)
Who was the winner out of that one - did they produce a working bitmap editor with save?

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry Colin I'm afraid it turned out to be a bit of a non-starter, I think that there was only me that attempted it and I only managed to touch on the designer side of it.
It's something that I would like to take further once I've got a little more experienced with B4PPC. I'm not really a programmmer by any stretch of the imagination, I'm a control engineer that use's ladder logic which is a very simple machine programming language.
But as my name suggests, I know a little BASIC, C, VB, VHDL, HTML and AS (which a Kawasaki programming language).
I'm a keen enthusiast.

Regards,
RandomCoder

colin9876

Licensed User
Hey dont use the 'Im not a programmer' cop out ...thats no excuse for not finishing ur program!! U managed to do SPLAT ok, and thats a Work of Art! (Incidentally what did u use to draw the bitmaps for that??)

Anyway as to adding the filehandling, do any of the image libs have a function to save as Bitmaps. After having looked at the file structure I see there are numerous headers & fields etc so its slightlycomplicated to write a routine to save as Bmp, but Im sure someones already done it?