B4J Question Websocket server events

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!
I would like to ask you something about the server events and ws.flush statement.
I have the following code structure:
B4X:
Public Sub Some_Event(data As Map)
    If data.Get("var") = "0" then
       DoSQL1
    Else
       DoSQL2
    End if
End Sub
The Some_Event is a server event called from tablets.
The DoSQL subs, execute some updates or inserts into my database.
At the end of Some_Event, it's definitely not needed the ws.flush...
Is it needed at the end of DoSQLx?

Finally, what is the impact of having a ws.flush at the end of a server event called from devices?
May it causes memory leaks or something else?
I was accidentally having one case like this and I'm not sure if this caused a relatively big memory use from my web server, because I corrected this just yesterday.

Thank you in advance.

billzhan

Licensed User
Longtime User
' https://b4x.com/android/forum/threads/webapp-chatroom-threads-sessions-and-server-events.39969/
Server events

One of the great features of WebSockets is the simple support for server events. Unlike ajax based solutions, the clients don't need to poll the server with endless requests. At any given time the server can send messages to the client.
There is one extra step with server events. You must call ws.Flush at the end of the event. Flush is called internally in the case of client events.

Client(browser/phone) - data -> Server (Some_Event is called , it may/may not send data/function to client ) , ws.flush is not needed. This is not a server event.

Server event: initialized from server side (by timer or callsub from other threads) and has to send data/function to client. If ws.flush is not called, the data may not be sent to client immediately, this will not cause memory issue when data size is small.

Upvote 0