Android Question Webview path

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alessandra Pellegri, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Alessandra Pellegri

Alessandra Pellegri Active Member Licensed User

I have my html files stored in a sqllite database.
    When I have to show them in webview I take them from database and I use LoadHTML method of webview.

The issue is: how can I redirect webview so it can read local links (for example href="logo.gif") from a specified folder ?

Thank you

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

You will need to create a temporary folder and copy all the required files to that folder.

3. Alessandra Pellegri

4. warwound

warwound Expert Licensed User

Alternatively you could use WebViewExtras2 library.
    You'd set a WebViewClient and listen for the WebViewClient's event:

ShouldInterceptRequest(Url As String) As WebResourceResponse

That event is raised whenever the WebView requests a resource - a resource being an image such as your logo.gif.
    In the event you can return either:
    • A WebResourceResponse which has been initialized with an InputStream that contains the data for the requested resource.
      The WebView will load the requested resource from the WebResourceResponse.
    • Null.
      The WebView will try to load the requested response using HTTP - it'll request the resource from the resource's URL.

There's a code example in this post:
    http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/th...with-a-webresourceresponse.42476/#post-257175

This technique will only be of use if you can initalize a WebResourceResponse with an InputStream that contains the data required for the requested resource.
    Can you get your logo.gif binary data from your database, convert it to a byte array and then initialize an InputStream using it's InitializeFromBytesArray method?
    If so then this technique may work for you.

WebViewExtras2 can be found here:
    http://b4a.martinpearman.co.uk/webviewextras/.

5. Alessandra Pellegri

Thank you warwound.
    I am going to study this solution.