Android Question Wet Phone, Thinks Headset Is Plugged In. Can I Force Internal Mic On?

DTB Radio

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got my phone wet a few weeks back, and ever since, the phone thinks there's a headset plugged in. The internal mic is switched off, and playback audio doesn't come through the phone's speaker. I can still hear incoming ringtones, although at reduced volume. The phone is an LG Optimus F3. Is there a way through software to over-ride the phone's programming and force on the internal mic and speaker? Right now I can't make calls because no-one can hear me, and I can't use voice typing. I CAN use voice typing with the internal mic if I plug in a set of stereo headphones, but that's just downright annoying. Any thoughts, aside from replacing the phone?

James Chamblin

Licensed User
Longtime User
get a toothbrush and > 90% isopropyl alcohol. Remove the battery and scrub out the ports well. Might try a pipe cleaner to get inside the headphone port. After cleaning, a few blasts from compressed air might be a good idea. Let the alcohol dry for several minutes before replacing the battery. If it still doesn't work, you may need to partially disassemble the phone (not recommended except as last resort) to clean better.

Upvote 0

DTB Radio

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to do this via software if possible. Hopefully someone with knowledge of this particular phone's software and hardware intricacies may offer some insight.

Upvote 0