What Impresses You the Most About this Forum / Platform

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1) Erel. A one-man show (as far as any of know) and look at the content. A, I, J and the other B4x are constantly updated. How the heck does this happen? Can you - or a team of your cronies accomplish this?
Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and the like can not even stand in the shadow of this founder.

2) The Community. Look what each of them (all of us) provide daily in response - libs, snippets, tuts, and the rest. I don't see this happening elsewhere. Why? Cause so many recognize this as THE best dev environment they have ever worked with.

3) It's fun, friendly and ooohhh so useful - and easy... Developing apps (real world, commercial, functional, (practically error free) in the many other frameworks is an exercise in frustration. Need more hair loss? - try them out...

4) I am bias. I find a good thing - and I rant of the virtues. Personally, I can think of only three other things I hold in such high regard.

your turn...

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Il stayed away from all the main "professional" languages, specially because I am not a professional developer.
I found b4ppc about 13 years ago, while looking for an easy way to develop for my iPaq... (even the t9 wanted to write iPad, but this was an HP handheld personal digital assistant running Windows mobile 5)
And so, after 13 years, I am still around... A non-professional developer, just for the kicks I get from helping and learning...

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Windows mobile 5
Please avoid the use foul language on this site... (like I should talk..)

Anything CE related was nothing but a nite-mare - as I recall - and wish to ever forget. What a fiasco.

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please avoid the use foul language on this site... (like I should talk..)

Anything CE related was nothing but a nite-mare - as I recall and wish to ever forget. What a fiasco.
Well, like it or not, It got EREL starting this endeavour now called B4x, and I am sure, if you had known b4ppc at that time, you would have a very different opinion

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, like it or not, It got EREL starting this endeavour now called B4x, and I am sure, if you had known b4ppc at that time, you would have a very different opinion
b4ppc was before my time (worked with others at the time). I am sure it was a great alternative to MS CE dev environments - and possibly corrected some of the errors in their way.
However, I stand firm, that even thou this was the introduction in what we now enjoy (and love) today - MS CE was a path to hell and back. Pure Linux dev - in those days - would have been a much better use of ones learning, efforts / implementation process - time well spent. Less bloat - more filling...

My final word on this matter - F#&K CE - rest in hell... (sorry... must apologize - I'm Canadian)

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User