Android Question What is the best way to identify users?

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
What is currently the best way to identify your users in a cross platform B4X app? Your own userid/login system? Firebase Auth? Something else?

I don't want to re-invent the wheel.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
This looks like the sort of thing I could use to implement user accounts across my mobile games. I want a way to enable extra features for players that install more than one of my games, so installing a second game, would enable a new feature in the first, or a reward or something.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
This looks like the sort of thing I could use to implement user accounts across my mobile games. I want a way to enable extra features for players that install more than one of my games, so installing a second game, would enable a new feature in the first, or a reward or something.
In this case you need a website with a database, for example SQL Server and ASP.NET website. The webpage will take a request sent by the app with a userid and check this userid against the database to check how many games this user bought. And return some value back to the app - app will get this vakue and based on it enable features in the first game.

Upvote 0