What SQLite file is needed to run on desktop from the B4P editor?

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by RB Smissaert, Jan 28, 2009.

1. RB Smissaert

RB Smissaert Well-Known Member Licensed User

Trying to understand what SQLite files are needed to run from the B4P editor on the desktop. It looks I can rename all files System.Data.SQLite.dll that I have and it will still run.
    Also, when I do cmd.dllversion what does that version number refer to?
    System.Data.SQLite or SQLDesktop.dll?

RBS

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The system looks for System.Data.SQLite in the executable folder.
    Therefore it uses the one that is (usually) located under c:\Program Files\Anywhere Software\Basic4ppc Desktop
    The dllversion refers to SQLDesktop.dll.

3. RB Smissaert

Thanks for clarifying, but I renamed all files under C:\Program Files\Anywhere Software\ and it still ran fine.
    Also could you tell in what way System.Data.SQLite.DLL has been modified compared to the file you can (could as there is a newer version now) download from Robert Simpon's website?

RBS

4. RB Smissaert

I know searched the whole C drive and found some more files, renamed them all and it still ran fine.
    What I am trying to do is figuring out what file System.Data.SQLite.DLL I am actually running.

RBS

5. Erel

The .Net Framework can search in various locations for this file.

The modified version fixes a bug regarding .Net CF 1.0 and memory pointers which also happens when a .Net CF 1.0 compiled application runs a .Net CF 2.0 library (like legacy compiled executables).

6. RB Smissaert

Is there any way to find out what file System.Data.SQLite.dll it is running, so that is the path of the file?

RBS

7. Erel

Search google for ".net process viewer". I haven't tried any of the viewers but it may help you.

8. RB Smissaert

Thanks, will do that.

RBS

9. RB Smissaert

Now this is strange. I tracked down what file System.Data.SQLite.dll it was running with SysInternals ListDLLs. It listed
    C:\Program Files\Anywhere Software\Basic4ppc Desktop\System.Data.SQLite.dll
    Now that file was not there, it was renamed to xxxSystem.Data.SQLite.dll
    Does this mean it will even run a System.Data.SQLite.dll if it has been renamed?
    Can't remember ever having seen this.

RBS

10. Erel

Restart your computer and see if it finds the file. Maybe the file is somehow cached.

You can also delete this file and see if it errors.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice