Games Wheels of Bunny (City Connection - Clone) in progress

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by ilan, Aug 7, 2018.

1. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

hi

i am working on an old NES game remake. i played this game a lot on my old NES.

i really liked this game and i wanted to make it for a long time. i must admit that i thought it would be a piece of cake but i found it that even such a simple looking game can be sometimes though.

i had small issues with making the level run in a loop so there is only 1 level and the bunny can drive in one direction always in a loop without creating 1000000 objects. so i managed to do that but it took me a lot of thinking and time.

here are the results (zoomed out to see the loop process): (Note that the nodes amount stay the same !!! (very important for good performance))

zoomed in (FOR NOW NOW ANIMATION OR ANYTHING ELSE, ITS STILL THE TESTING STAGE):

some notes i did to find the solution :p

20180807_002550.jpg

2. JordiCP

JordiCP Well-Known Member Licensed User

I liked a lot to play City Connection!
    Specially when the cities changed, the music was still the same but each time a bit different, and the 'kamikaze' drivers were more and more crazy coming against you!!
    Waiting to see advances!!:)

Peter Simpson and ilan like this.
  3. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

silly french cars and what the hell was that weird animal doing there with that flag or balloon? :)

Peter Simpson and JordiCP like this.
  4. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

i looked into my shelf and found an old project lying with lots of other old project so i decided to do something with it. here is the result (part of it). First version should be soon available ;)

JordiCP, melonZgz, Erel and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice