When you are given a 1 star review for no reason

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just got this kind of 1 star review: "Answer this, ninja shit! I wish I could give you zero stars!".
Original text: "Answers tis ninja shit tis and shit are not the 0 bc not of possible"

Although I answered "Learn to speak English first! ;)", I wish I could have written something much worse in the lines of wishing him some nice testicular cancer...

How do you deal with this kind of situations?

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just be professional.
You will get a lot of such comments, you have to ignore them, but pay attention to the valid ones.
Ridicule them privately with your friends to make sure you dont lose your confidence.

Indeed, I can accept all one-star comments as long as they're reporting a bug, a flaw or even disliking my design and/or features.
It's the ones such as "Piece of shit, hated it!" that piss me off...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Indeed, I can accept all one-star comments as long as they're reporting a bug, a flaw or even disliking my design and/or features.
It's the ones such as "Piece of shit, hated it!" that piss me off...

what would you say if someone write "Good app" and give you 1 star??
in the beginning i also was pissed off on such kind of reviews but know i dont really care...

there are people that give you 1 star and also ask how to do something in your app

what i do is, i give them the solution and i write: Bad rating is not a good way to get support...
i saw someone here wrote it in one of his apps and i liked it...

i dont think that you will find an app with no 1 star.. (app that has few hundert reviews of course)

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what would you say if someone write "Good app" and give you 1 star??
in the beginning i also was pissed off on such kind of reviews but know i dont really care...

Capture.png

Such as this one... it actually made me laugh!

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just got one star with the comment "Useless. No support !"
I wasted lot of time with the quidam trying to explain him that the app won't do what he understood it did (and refunded him twice).
Some people have strange thoughts...

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I used to get frustrated at these sort of reviews, but now I just try to concentrate on resolving any issues raised and also communicate with them a little in the hope of getting them to re-review and re-rate. But mostly I focus on the average rating, as long as that is above 4 then I think I've done a decent job. Some will always complain - maybe they have ulterior motives or they don't get how much work is involved and some will just not get it or possibly their smartphone or tablet is either a bit flaky or the version of Android they have is a little shaky..

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you can't satisfy everyone so you better don't leave your sleep for it ;)

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Although it's interesting comparing Google Play reviews (and expectations) vs. Amazon App Store reviews... You would expect them to be the same, but they're not!

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
"The more your app popular the more you get bad rating". Just look at Facebook Messenger app and you will understand it. From my experience: almost bad rating come from my competitors.