Android Question Which command line SDK download is better ?

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Refer to https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-shows-blank-error-message.116021/post-725249

Clicking on "Download Android SDK Command line tools" on page https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html, downloads "sdk-tools-windows-4333796.zip"
But clicking on "Download SDK" in B4A SDK Manager, opens browser which shows "commandlinetools....zip", see images.

2020-04-08_152911.png2020-04-08_150229.png2020-04-08_174610.png2020-04-08_150154.png

Now my query is are both same ?

My original problem was solved with "sdk-tools-windows-4333796.zip" so I am happy with it, but for knowledge in future, I want to know.

Regards,

Anand

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
sdk-tools-windows-4333796.zip is what you want. that other link downloads an sdk that will not work for us. that link should probably be removed. it assumed that any new sdk made available by google would not harm us and that we could simply download it and continue as usual. NOT TRUE.
those of us who downloaded it got a nasty surprise, and the only way out was to restore the previous sdk (4333796.zip). to make that easier (especially for those who no longer had the previous sdk), erel made a special link to 4333796.zip on the b4x homepage. that's the link to use.

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From what I have learned when using either B4J or B4A (through experience and reading various post regarding installation issues) is that you just need to follow the instructions on the home pages of those tools and then you are set up and ready to go. Deviate and you are just inflicting (unnecessary) pain upon yourself.

Very important statements from B4A's home page: "Make sure to follow the instructions below. They are not complicated and include several components that are required in order to get started."

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks this clarifies it.

I will request Erel to remove / change page opened through B4A SDK Manager,

2020-04-08_152911.png

EDIT: Wished

Regards,

Anand

Upvote 0