Android Question Who can/will convert the new Spotify SDK to B4A?

Rick Harris

Licensed User
Post it as a job offer and if you find someone to do it, maybe you can agree on a convenient price for both of you..
Why does this whole world always have to revolve around money?! The whole purpose of this Forum is to share ideas and sourcecode with closed purses (my thought, how silly...). Anyhow, I can now report that today I have successfully deployed the excellent "Sendinput" library. Once Spotify is playing it is very easy to pause, play and stop the music with:

B4X:
SINP1.SendKeyCode(KeyCodes.KEYCODE_MEDIA_STOP)
SINP1.SendKeyCode(KeyCodes.KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE)

Under Process Globals you need to add: Dim SINP1 as Sendinput

This library also offers many other useful features to control media etc.
See: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ate-user-input-within-your-app.38873/#content

Note: Downloading the library via the provided link is a bit awkward:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1H1JEGSWcxjd3ZFWXRCclJYOXM&usp=sharing
I could not figure out which of the 8 provided files to chose nor how to download it using Chrome, so eventually I had to use Firefox to do so. Pity this library is not provided as a B4A download.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Why does this whole world always have to revolve around money?!
Did you life for less?
Did you own a car which you got fpr no money?
Did you eat each day without money?

The whole purpose of this Forum is to share ideas and sourcecode
The purpose of this forum is to get support from erel for his software.

I have released three Chargeable libs and >65 free ones (donationware means; test it and pay if you use it).
I see my libs running in more and more apps but i get no money from the users!!

in 16 months i got 580,- on donations for my not-chargeable libs. And honestly; the most of it come from erel, not from users who uses m libs.

I should be a really stupid men if i continue releasing libs for free.
Thank you for reminding me

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Post it as a job offer and if you find someone to do it, maybe you can agree on a convenient price for both of you..
@moster67, I think your suggestion is reasonable. Doing a wrapper can sometimes be very simple but depending on what you are wrapping it can become quite complicated and lengthy. Some wrappers end up having far more code than the project that you are wrapping to try and accommodate all the possibilities that end users might require. It is hours and hours of coding and testing and then also many hours that go into supporting the library especially when some users have special requests and/or requirements. Most of us do this as a hobby and there is absolutely no sin in "benefiting financially" from one's hobby. Especially if someone else might perhaps benefit financially from work that one has done. I think that is also the message that @DonManfred is conveying in his post above.

Upvote 0

Rick Harris

Licensed User
Oh well, this is a topic that can be discussed until the cows come in. My attitude is to share the things I am capable of developing for free in this forum. Anyhow, my conclusion is that software development does not pay, especially not in the Android world. The overall perception of users seems to be that app should be free. Like it or not, that is how the Android market is today. More than 90% of apps are free of charge and many users stear clear from apps as soon as they see the words: "in-app upgrade". Don't even try to submit a paid app into the playstore nowadays. The chances that it won't sell are extremely high.

Good to hear that Erel shares some of his revenues with others who contribute to B4A. The way Erel runs his business deserves a lot of respect. I also like the way he never gets side-tracked and stays clear from emotion when reacting to forum posts and always contributes in a neutral and positive manner with focus on the technical topic.

PS: I don't agree that "The purpose of this forum is to get support from Erel for his software". A forum is meant to share ideas and get/provide support and advise from/to all forum members, not only from Erel.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
not only from Erel
Yes, that´s a PLUS you get in a forum (even this one!) cause there are a lot (aehhhhhhh, honestly; just a few) of helping hands.
But you dont have the claim to get it (maybe except for erel as he got paid for the software) for free.

Upvote 0

Rick Harris

Licensed User
Yes, that´s a PLUS you get in a forum (even this one!) cause there are a lot (aehhhhhhh, honestly; just a few) of helping hands.
But you dont have the claim to get it (maybe except for erel as he got paid for the software) for free.
Indeed, the number of helping hands are few and my impression is that their numbers have even started to decline.
When I started over three years ago with B4A I got multiple reactions to nearly all of my forum entries. Now that has dropped to below 50%. The novelty seems to be wearing off. For example, I find the fact that hardly anyone recently seems to be involved in B4A projects related to Spotify, Skype, Whatsapp and Googles new Webbased continuous speech recognition to be rather amazing.
By the way, I was not claiming anything free of charge, just hoping that the spirit of this forum is and remains mainly to help each other without the instant need for money to exchange hands.

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Licensed User
Spotify is so popular, and yet nobody has responded to this request.
In my opinion, (re)claiming something that YOU would need, and which means some work hours (from a few to a lot) of others is a bit ......unfair (to say it smooth). I would just give a BIG thank you to the helping hands who have already done it many times, and for free.

Indeed, the number of helping hands are few and my impression is that their numbers have even started to decline.
You can always help to revert this

Upvote 0