B4J Question Who is up to join me in my b4j Framework creation

FrostCodes

Licensed User
Recently i have been working on a framework for b4j that allows you to manipulate strings, data, data types with utilities functions that i am sure you would find useful especially the math utility for advance mathematical calculations and also it have a GUI like material UI part that support material design components with some metro components ,
so far i have created material button, label, chips, modal box, app bar etc ... the framework is still in a development stage but i used it in creating a live app already that i use to monitor staffs in my company. Please if interested , please notice me here. There is a git repository already for the project and i intend on making it a Donation ware which every revenue that comes from it , 30% goes to we the developers and 70% are donated to orphanage homes across the world.

This framework would allow you not just design app faster but also create the functioning of the app faster also, it has a theme manager so you can design you app and always change how it looks globally with a single line of code so easy i assure you !

upload_2018-7-7_22-32-58.png

FrostCodes

Licensed User
Currently, some of the features that have been halfway implemented are

Controls and GUI
  • Material Button
  • Material App Bar
  • Material Chips
  • Material Divider
  • Material FAB (floating action button)
  • Material Card
  • Material Checkbox
  • Material Label
  • Material Linear progress bar
  • Material Radio box
  • Material Switch
  • Material Square FAB (floating action button)
  • Modal Box
  • Dancing Bar Pre-Loader
  • Metro Circle Toggle Button
  • Metro Link Label
  • Metro Toggle Button

UTILITIES
  • String Utilities
  • Math Utilities
  • Data Types Utilities
  • App Utilities
  • Controls Utilities
  • File and Directory Utilities

Extras
  • Inbuilt Material Design Themes
  • Style Manager and Theme Manager
  • And more

Also, I think people working on API-based data and games also would find this library useful as it has a lot of mathematical utilities for calculations. So basically this framework has 3 main parts:

1. A GUI/ design framework part that supports themes like the initial material design specifications
  2. A part for Utilities and data manipulation which helps you get your work and coding done faster
  3. A part for SAAS and API management/manipulations which allows you do things with APIs faster

for those interested, you can join the project by contacting me.

Below is a random sample of some of the controls available.

upload_2018-7-10_0-24-53.png

upload_2018-7-10_0-26-13.png

upload_2018-7-10_0-26-53.png

upload_2018-7-10_0-27-36.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FrostCodes

Licensed User
I have been getting some mails asking if this controls and this framework is fully native, and not web based or web view based, I can assure you that it is fully native based and not a web view and very soon a full demo would be available for public testing. I appreciate those that mailed and said they were interested in the project . Thank you all!

Basically , this project is my humble approach/way to bring in modern design trends into b4j and enable both designers and non-designer (those poor at designing) to be able to create lovely and realistic looking apps with minimum or no effort at all! :) ;)

Upvote 0

FrostCodes

Licensed User
Hello everyone .. I wanted to release a sample yesterday but was busy at work, Today here you have a sample of the framework ... :)

Please note that the framework has a lot more but i cant demonstrate each and every functionality here
so when i release the first public release of the framework, i intend on starting a video series to demonstrate the real power of the framework and the alpha magical strength of B4J.

I also attached sample of how the code looks like.. Cheers! the future is here! :)

upload_2018-7-11_16-51-6.png

I cant attach the file here because of size( 1.6 mb ) but below is the download link

http://punchlinetech.com/cuppy-framework/FINAL OUTPUT.zip

If you want to start your donations, please you can donate via bitcoins, below is the wallet address for the donation. Once i start receiving donations, I would be posting proofs of the donations to my website and here,
Please remember no amount is too small nor too big, I believe we can help the poor!

BIT COINS ADDRESS:

35d3u8aYaU4Xpx2swD7ibvu9jjXiVu4a2T

Or you can scan the bar code i attached

Let's create something great and change lives!

Thanks Guys

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-10-12-10-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-07-10-12-10-57.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,039
Upvote 0

FrostCodes

Licensed User
Downloaded the zip file and tested, looks impressive. Try and make the clickable label mouse pointer change to a hand when one hovers. #ExpectMe2Critic&Contribute.

Anyplans to make this B4A too? or rather B4X (universal across the 4 packages)?

Yes there are plans to make it universal, but i also once used B4A and there is already a material framework for this platform , i don't know of B4I but i really don't have any plans of conflicting with the existing material framework because i used it once and loved it . Therefore i might not make the GUI part for the B4A and B4I platform depending on what you guys say.

NOTE: B4R might not be able to support the full features of the framework

I would convert the other codes and Utilities for the other platforms when a full version of this framework is out. The utilities are ready for use but not the GUI framework and I appreciate Critiques please because that's the only way the framework can grow.

Also as for your suggestions that would be implemented soon :)

For now i am working on a beta so you guys can test the library yourself.

If anyone is available to join the project, I would be giving git access to 4 member's that have design sense or logical sense after which to acquire the library you are to donate to help the poor across the world and the library would be yours forever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FrostCodes

Licensed User
So if I understand this clearly...

1. You place the controls you want in the normal way you would design in the IDE?
2. You apply the library functions to your controls and wala?

Is that a correct assumption??

Yes you are right, the framework has virtually everything you need to create a modern looking app and i am adding more and more, I attached a sample of the designer to this post , you can check it out.

All you are to do is place the controls the normal way you design in the IDE and the rest gets easier because you have all the functions you need to create a lovely design.

I already added some sample themes to the framework. Also, with time you should be able to design yours or load from a theme file and call the theme then all the controls/view would use the theme colors from the theme manager and produce you a lovely looking app.

upload_2018-7-12_13-34-54.png

As you can see those that are marked in blue color are views/controls from the framework .

Below is a sample of the designer in the IDE

I marked some of the controls/views with a blue color you can check the rest also

upload_2018-7-12_13-39-32.png

Upvote 0

FrostCodes

Licensed User
three

B4A, B4J, B4i

B4R is a totally different solution. I never saw ANY UI Library which runs on B4A, B4J, B4i and B4R.

Well i haven't used B4R yet as i don't own a Raspberry Pie yet!

Cuppy Framework isn't just a UI library it is like a UI library and a Code Igniter or Laravel for B4j only for now . So its possible that the UI part wont run for B4R.

Thanks for updating me on that! But for now i would only focus on B4J till a release is ready then i can start porting or converting the codes for the 2 other platforms (B4A and B4I) :)

Also Kindly test the framework and give me feedback :)

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"As you can see those that are marked in blue color are views/controls from the framework"

One of the things I have noticed with most developer styles here is "consistency". I see a very huge problem with the way you name your classes, your style is either going to make your code easy to read or not. Why am I saying so?

As an example, one class is called Modal, another is called AppBar whilst others are prefixed with Material and whilst another is MetroToggleButton etc (Metro rings Windows). This is going to cause a lot of issues already, and for me that's a big NO already. Rather use a single prefix for ease of identification, readability and also a pinch of uniqueness. If your stuff with start with Material, rather use that prefix across the board (unless of course you have classes already with those names).

Due to this being a b4j specific library, perhaps for now, prefix the classes with b4jFCM (that's how I would do it) and that would help avoid any possible and future conflict with any other libraries having same AppBar, Modal etc classes. #MyThoughts.

Keep it up #CantWait.

Upvote 0

FrostCodes

Licensed User
One of the things I have noticed with most developer styles here is "consistency". I see a very huge problem with the way you name your classes, your style is either going to make your code easy to read or not. Why am I saying so?

As an example, one class is called Modal, another is called AppBar whilst others are prefixed with Material and whilst another is MetroToggleButton etc (Metro rings Windows). This is going to cause a lot of issues already, and for me that's a big NO already. Rather use a single prefix for ease of identification, readability and also a pinch of uniqueness. If your stuff with start with Material, rather use that prefix across the board (unless of course you have classes already with those names).

Due to this being a b4j specific library, perhaps for now, prefix the classes with b4jFCM (that's how I would do it) and that would help avoid any possible and future conflict with any other libraries having same AppBar, Modal etc classes. #MyThoughts.

Keep it up #CantWait.

Yes, coding standards must be followed, I didn't forget that :)

the prefix for the framework is CF
ie Cuppy Framework.

Also nice observation, the framework has metro views (windows based views also that's why I named it metro) but all this would get changed before the release. Thanks for your suggestions, more would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Cool. I however think that the fact that one can ONLY donate using Bitcoins for your framework is limiting. I don't have a bitcoin account and not planning to get one anytime soon. Besides that with a paypal account and this, I quote...

Please note that using PayPal to buy bitcoin will mean paying some extra fees, but depending on the local South Africa bitcoin exchange rate, you might still be able to buy at a good rate. Using VirWoX to buy bitcoin using PayPal you are going to pay around 9% in fees, but this is still the cheapest, easiest, and fastest way to buy BTC with PayPal.

is rather discouraging. I think you rather need to have a way around this and provide more options for donating.

1bitcoin.png

As of 2018-07-14, if I have to have R82,612.65 (exchange rate between US $ and South African Rand) to buy a 1 bitcoin then add the 9% charge as above, then your framework is rather very very very expensive and rather un-reachable and will surely push people away due to the Bitcoin ONLY standard that it holds. Yes, whilst I would understand the need to help the poor (a good cause) and also for the developers (a good cause), this sadly is out of my range. Good luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Mashiane - You don't have to buy a whole bitcoin. You can buy fractional amounts. For example, at the time of this post, 0.0005 BTC is equal to $3.11. (Just Google "BTC to USD", or "BTC to Your Currency".)

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Mashiane - You don't have to buy a whole bitcoin. You can buy fractional amounts. For example, at the time of this post, 0.0005 BTC is equal to $3.11. (Just Google "BTC to USD", or "BTC to Your Currency".)
Ohh thanks, I thought one can only buy as whole amounts, that's better then..

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
This looks really awesome. Do you plan on hosting the code on Github or something similar?

Upvote 0

FrostCodes

Licensed User
Holla , I am happy to announce that after series of work and testing , a first beta of the framework is ready and would be released soon.

This are some sample apps that i created from the framework

1] https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/free-bio-registration-form-design-mockup.98748/

2]

upload_2018-10-31_22-17-42.png

3]

upload_2018-10-31_22-20-49.png

4] B4J Libraries that are powered by the engine

> Cuppify : a framework for creating powerful REST Api's in B4J

upload_2018-10-31_22-22-56.png

upload_2018-10-31_22-25-24.png

upload_2018-10-31_22-25-52.png

> Cuppy Qrcode: a cuppy web plugin for generating Qr Codes

and more to come :)

Upvote 0