Wish WIFI Library

FreeWolF

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!

It would be possible to have a library to manage WiFi connections? I would like to create an application that allows me to communicate with a program written Basic4Android for my phone with PC. Of course, the version of the PC program will be written with B4J.

Thanks in advance!

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

dilettante

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure the problem described has anything to do with managing WiFi connections.

It sounds more like a firewall management issue. These things are normally handled either as part of deployment or as an administrative prerequisite.

You probably want to set a software firewall rule opening an inbound TCP or UDP port used by your application. If you need public access instead of just LAN access you'd also need to allow the incoming port and set up port mapping from your NAT router's public IP interface to your server PC.

dilettante

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was assuming he already knew about using jNetwork and ran into a connectivity problem due to firewall issues. Otherwise I have a hard time understanding what bearing "managing connections" has on the rest of the description.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User