Wifi on desktop ?

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm currently, (trying), to create a dll for the device, for wifi connections to my desktop, (Laptop with wifi onboard).

Any pointers as to what I should be doing on the laptop with B4PPC to detect or communicate with my device.
My device already sees the laptop's wifi connection when it's on, but my .dll won't work on the desktop :(

@AGraham,DZT, Erel, everybody, etc, I'm not asking you to produce a dll for me. I'm 1/4 way there already.

Any suggestions are welcomed :sign0188:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You don't say what apporach you are taking and .NET which classes you are using so pointers are difficult to give. The Network library already does what you need for inter-computer communication and is what I would/have used.

You should bear in mind that devices can see desktops/laptops on the network and their network shares but this doesn't work in the other direction as the device OS doesn't support this.

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
Cheers AGraham. That was the pointer I was looking for.
The network library :sign0013:

Now I have 2 way comms via wifi :sign0060:

As for my .dll, it works as a wifi hotspot finder for now :sign0161: ha ha ha
It will give me something to do between fares on the taxi's :)

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
You don't say what apporach you are taking and .NET which classes you are using so pointers are difficult to give. The Network library already does what you need for inter-computer communication and is what I would/have used.

Did you forget this thread already posted by you.
It does everything I was trying to achieve.
I didn't have wifi at the time so disregarded your post.
A few tweaks of Form1 using your code is everything I need.

@Erel:
Give this man another award.
He's too good for his own good.

Thanks Andrew :)

http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1130&highlight=network+library

Last edited: