Bug? Win7 auto hide Taskbar not showing while in B4A

JohnK

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am currently running B4A v8.3 on a Win7 Prof box, with the taskbar set to autohide.

In other programs, when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen, the Taskbar auto displays/appears.

However, when I am in B4A,this does not occur. To make it appear I either have to press Ctr-Esc hot-key, or Alt-Tab to another app, and move the mouse into position.

Is it just me?

JohnK

Licensed User
Longtime User
The IDE is a regular WPF application. It doesn't do anything special with the taskbar.
I'm not saying it does do anything different. However, the above is how it behaves, which is not 100% correct. I have other WPF developed apps, and they do not behave in this manner. It may be a specific WPF bug, but either way, its not an optimal behavior.

It does not need to do anything specific with the taskbar, however, if it consumes the windows events in the region of the taskbar activation area, that may stop the taskbar activation area from responding. I do notice that there is a specific B4A window, in the area that is normally the taskbar activation area. It may be consuming these mouse events and therefore not making them available to the system.