Android Question Windows Mobile/CE

jgbozza

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please, correct if I'm wrong.

Basic4Android most important role is to create a java application from friendly Visual Basic codes and libraries. Since the target file is compiled in Java, could it run on any plataform with support to Java?
Given that, would it be possible to write Basic4Android aplications and get them to run on windows mobile and ce ?
I dont feel like entering the maze again and figure out how to develop the same aplication from the scratch for windows phone and tablets.

Another question: what's the difference between basic4android and basic4pcc ?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Basic4Android most important role is to create a java application from friendly Visual Basic codes and libraries.
Not exactly. Basic4android includes many components that together allow you to build powerful native Android applications.

Windows Phone and Windows Mobile are two different platforms. The previous tool we developed named Basic4ppc created Windows Mobile applications. However Windows Mobile is now more or less a dead platform.

The new B4J tool creates desktop applications and is similar to Basic4android.

Upvote 0

jgbozza

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the prompt reply.
May I use Basic4pcc to develop an app for windows mobile (not sure if 5 or 6.5)? If yes, is it available for download? Is it totally compatible with basic4android?
I designed a software for android tablet and need a similar program to run on field data collector and due the lack of time I'm afraid of entering the world of visual studio/.net/c# to start it all over again, not to mention that I have to learn these languages and buy the licenses.

Is there a light in the end of the tunnel ?

PS.: This is the CE version http://www.compextec.com.br/coletores-de-dados/cpx8000-wi-fi-bluetooth-com-leitor-laser
and this is the mobile 6.5 version http://www.compextec.com.br/coletores-de-dados/cp30-wi-fi-e-bluetooth

Upvote 0

jgbozza

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry insisting in this topic.
Is B4J capable of writing a compiled program in order to use with windows CE ?

Using B4J can develop JAVA aplications right ? Is it possible to run it with windows CE.
Speaking of which...does the B4J need to be licensed ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0