[Wish] manage muliple aps (Paid / Free / Ad based versions)

melamoud

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI,

I wish the IDE will help us create and maintain different versions of the same App, many of us probably have more than one version different only by few attributes - and example is AD based and paid version

if the IDE can support that so we wont have to maintain two projects or two copies of the code that will be great , here are few ideas

1. two projects point to the same list of files, so code can be shared between the projects (but each project can have files that are not shared for the code specific for that project
2. compile like MACROS, so we can not compile a specific line of code that for example add the AD based code
3. a lib should be ignored if no code is using it (or at least let us choose if we want that behavior) so I can choose the AD based SDK lib but if the macro skip the lines of it it wont be added to my APK (reduce size)
4. different compille options (choose files to include like libs, choose name of the APK, and version and application label, etc) so I can create a compile to AD based and compile to PAID app
5. multiple profiles of parameters like name , version, package name, etc of the app, so I can manage in one project two apk's (see '4)

I'm sure others can come up with better ideas but I put it here to help explain the ask.

thanks

melamoud

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks I need to see how easy it will be to make the lib since all development will be done on the lib not the rest so it had to be very easy to change code run test etc in order to be viable solution