wish - more views available in designer

Dave O

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is one thing I think could be improved in future versions of B4A, though I'm sure Erel has already thought of it:

Add more "standard" Android views, including the new ones in Android 4.x, so we can build standards-based UI layouts without having to resort to custom classes, libraries, and such.

For example, I would like to be able to add an icon+text button easily, or an action bar, see them in the designer, and set their properties like I can for the existing designer views.

More ambitious wish - let anyone build a view that can be used in the designer. Similar to Visual Basic VBX controls, Delphi VCL components, or Java beans, using a component plug-in architecture.

I think that would make us a lot more productive when creating "standard" Android apps.

Cheers!

ielliot

Licensed User
Longtime User
Adobe Flash UI

I would like Designer to have a Adobe Flash type UI. This would help when animating. :sign0104:

icefairy333

Licensed User
Longtime User
+1

This is one thing I think could be improved in future versions of B4A, though I'm sure Erel has already thought of it:

Add more "standard" Android views, including the new ones in Android 4.x, so we can build standards-based UI layouts without having to resort to custom classes, libraries, and such.

For example, I would like to be able to add an icon+text button easily, or an action bar, see them in the designer, and set their properties like I can for the existing designer views.

More ambitious wish - let anyone build a view that can be used in the designer. Similar to Visual Basic VBX controls, Delphi VCL components, or Java beans, using a component plug-in architecture.

I think that would make us a lot more productive when creating "standard" Android apps.

Cheers!

aalekizoglou

Licensed User
Longtime User
+1

anna7

Licensed User
Longtime User

Cheers!

+1