Word wrap fails on label control (device only)

willisgt

Licensed User
I've written a program which creates a large number of controls (radiobuttons and checkboxes) dynamically.

On the desktop, when the control text is too long to fit on one line, the text wraps around to a second line (or third, etc.). The control is tall enough to show all of the lines of text.

However, on the device, the text does not wrap. The control has the exact same height as on the desktop (e.g., all of the text would fit and be visible *if* it wrapped).

I would swear that this was working properly not very long ago. Now, for some reason, it's now working.

Oh, and I am setting the control's top, left, width, height, and font size *before* I plug in the text.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a workaround for this?

Many thanks,

Gary

:sign0163:

Last edited:

willisgt

Licensed User
Hmmmmm... don't think that's it...

Specci, I checked the thread you referred to... my problem is with radio buttons and checkboxes, not labels. (I am also creating labels dynamically which contain text which require a wrap; the labels work perfectly on both the desktop and the device.)

Just a little more information...

The text of one of the controls is: "Requires use of a device (e.g., cane, walker) to walk alone or requires human supervision or assistance to negotiate stairs or steps or uneven surfaces."

I'm using Basic4ppc 5.8. The device is an AT&T 8525 running WM5.

Last edited:

willisgt

Licensed User
That was my backup plan... I just could have sworn that this was working properly prior to now. I was hoping to find a solution without changing the code... again... *sigh*

:sign0148: