Word wrap fails on label control (device only)

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by willisgt, Nov 16, 2007.

1. willisgt

willisgt Active Member Licensed User

I've written a program which creates a large number of controls (radiobuttons and checkboxes) dynamically.

On the desktop, when the control text is too long to fit on one line, the text wraps around to a second line (or third, etc.). The control is tall enough to show all of the lines of text.

However, on the device, the text does not wrap. The control has the exact same height as on the desktop (e.g., all of the text would fit and be visible *if* it wrapped).

I would swear that this was working properly not very long ago. Now, for some reason, it's now working.

Oh, and I am setting the control's top, left, width, height, and font size *before* I plug in the text.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a workaround for this?

Many thanks,

Gary

:sign0163:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  2. specci48

specci48 Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi willisgt,

sorry, but you are wrong...
    See this post http://www.basic4ppc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616

It's a "nomal" difference between the .Net and the .Net CF version. Line breaking on the desktop starts within an word, on the device it starts after a blank.

specci48

3. willisgt

Hmmmmm... don't think that's it...

Specci, I checked the thread you referred to... my problem is with radio buttons and checkboxes, not labels. (I am also creating labels dynamically which contain text which require a wrap; the labels work perfectly on both the desktop and the device.)

Just a little more information...

The text of one of the controls is: "Requires use of a device (e.g., cane, walker) to walk alone or requires human supervision or assistance to negotiate stairs or steps or uneven surfaces."

I'm using Basic4ppc 5.8. The device is an AT&T 8525 running WM5.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

You can leave the checkbox empty and add a label with the text.

5. willisgt

That was my backup plan... I just could have sworn that this was working properly prior to now. I was hoping to find a solution without changing the code... again... *sigh*

:sign0148: