Android Question Wordpress Push Notifications

kozbot

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
My mate created an app for me with eclipse which if very confusing and difficult to update, BUT he did set it up so that when I publish a post on my wordpress site, it sends a push notification to anyone with my app. Does anyone know what kind of push notification this is? or how I could implement this with B4A?

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
My mate created an app for me with eclipse which if very confusing and difficult to update, BUT he did set it up so that when I publish a post on my wordpress site, it sends a push notification to anyone with my app. Does anyone know what kind of push notification this is? or how I could implement this with B4A?
It sounds to me like he used GCM (Google Cloud Messaging).
Start here to learn how this is done. https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ion-gcm-framework-and-tutorial.19226/#content
There are other examples also that you could look at and see how they are implemented

Good luck!
Walter

Upvote 0

kozbot

Licensed User
Longtime User
Awesome sauce!!! I thought that's what he used, but it's difficult when you're a novice to really know what the hell is going on. I think I also found a plugin that does it from wordpress, without a server... so I guess I'll try that out too!

Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Awesome sauce!!! I thought that's what he used, but it's difficult when you're a novice to really know what the hell is going on.

You will be an expert in no time, you'll see. you can also go in the chatroom and ask questions if you'd like, there are usually some developers there that will be willing to answer your questions.

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/unofficial-b4a-chatroom.15475/

Look below my signature i made a small program in Visual Studio (GCM Visual Studio) which should make it easier to send push notifications.

See you around!

Walter

Upvote 0