Wrap Amazon Device Messaging!

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you have a Server-component running? The library needs to connect to this server. You server address must be configured

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you have a Server-component running? The library needs to connect to this server. You server address must be configured

server-component? errrm no I have lots of servers tho, and a few Virtual servers. hoping to get a dedicated one next month. I will read a little more on it. But I still want it doing. - UNLESS there is another way to send notifications to Amazon Apps? ;)

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
as far as i see it is nothing other than Firebase Messaging.
Ok, a bit greater payload possible.
You app need to run on a device to get his id.

It is the same for Firebase messaging. If you want to send to a specific device you need to have the id of this device.

The example here does nothing more. It register the device to the server-component (a python script) to later send a message to this device.

You dont need a SERVER running for firebasemessaging. A simple Hosting will work to store the usertokens...

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
as far as i see it is nothing other than Firebase Messaging.
Ok, a bit greater payload possible.
You app need to run on a device to get his id.

It is the same for Firebase messaging. If you want to send to a specific device you need to have the id of this device.

The example here does nothing more. It register the device to the server-component (a python script) to later send a message to this device.

You dont need a SERVER running for firebasemessaging. A simple Hosting will work to store the usertokens...

Yes! BUT you cannot show notifications on Amazon Fire Devices with firebase. my app - has a slight modification to make it Amazon Fire friendly. its the same app on playstore and amazon. it has a lot of installs on Amazon about 600,000 but only about 160,000 on Playstore.

If i send a firebase message it only shows up on Google clients, not Amazon. Leaving 600,000 people without a notification. (and missing ad revenue ;) )

---- EDIT - Unless the message is being received but not displaying?