Wrap Amazon Device Messaging!

Discussion in 'The Business Forum' started by aidymp, Dec 21, 2017.

1. aidymp

aidymp Active Member Licensed User

2. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

Do you have a Server-component running? The library needs to connect to this server. You server address must be configured

3. aidymp

server-component? errrm no I have lots of servers tho, and a few Virtual servers. hoping to get a dedicated one next month. I will read a little more on it. But I still want it doing. - UNLESS there is another way to send notifications to Amazon Apps? ;)

4. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

as far as i see it is nothing other than Firebase Messaging.
    Ok, a bit greater payload possible.
    You app need to run on a device to get his id.

It is the same for Firebase messaging. If you want to send to a specific device you need to have the id of this device.

The example here does nothing more. It register the device to the server-component (a python script) to later send a message to this device.

You dont need a SERVER running for firebasemessaging. A simple Hosting will work to store the usertokens...

5. aidymp

Yes! BUT you cannot show notifications on Amazon Fire Devices with firebase. my app - has a slight modification to make it Amazon Fire friendly. its the same app on playstore and amazon. it has a lot of installs on Amazon about 600,000 but only about 160,000 on Playstore.

If i send a firebase message it only shows up on Google clients, not Amazon. Leaving 600,000 people without a notification. (and missing ad revenue ;) )

---- EDIT - Unless the message is being received but not displaying?