Other Xcode 9 / iOS 11 / B4i versions

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by Erel, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Apple has made several changes in Xcode 9 and in iOS 11.

iOS 11

- Only supports 64 bit applications.
    - Requires B4i v4.3+ to develop with iOS 11.
    - Make sure that 64 bit is selected under Tools - Build Server - Server Settings.

Xcode 9

- Requires B4i v4.4+. If you are using an old version of B4i then you should install Xcode 8. It can be installed together with Xcode 9.
    - The hosted builders are running Xcode 9.

Permissions

- New permission is required to access the stored photos: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/imedia-library-camera-and-videoview.46144/#content

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    luke2012 likes this.
  2. jai

jai Member Licensed User

I submitted an app today that was build with ver 4.40 and with the 64-bit option and got the following iTunes message at submission-

The app previews and screenshots for the iPhone 5.8-Inch display won’t appear on the App Store because your binary wasn’t built with the iOS 11 SDK.

Any thoughts on what may have caused it?

3. Erel

You can ignore it. It happens because the hosted builders still run Xcode 8.

4. Amin Ismail

Amin Ismail Member Licensed User

Has something changed with iOS11? I just did a 32 bit release build and ran it on an iPhone 6 with iOS 11.2.1 without any problems.

Or do you mean that when you submit it to the App Store it has to be a 64 bit build?

BTW.. I did the build using a local MAC Builder with Xcode 8. Wonder if that made a difference!

5. Erel

Release build always* includes both 32 bit binary and 64 binary.

* - If #MinVersion is 11 or higher then only 64 bit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice