Android Question XSpeechRecognizer - suppress automatic EndOfSpeech?

Dave O

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using the XSpeechRecognizer library (updated by @Multiverse app) to convert spoken reminders to text.

It's working pretty well, but I do have a few questions:

- It stops the recording and fires the EndOfSpeech event after detecting silence after 1-2 seconds. Is this duration configurable?

- Ideally I'd like to keep recording until a button is tapped, rather than use the EndOfSpeech event. Possible?

- My app currently offers either an audio file or recognized text (but not both). It would be a real bonus if I could save the audio as a file as well as capturing the recognized text. I understand that the BufferReceived event stopped working after ICS (Android 4.0), so is there any other way of doing this, either simultaneously or by possibly saving the audio file and feeding it to a recognizer immediately afterward?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Multiverse app

Licensed User
Longtime User
- It stops the recording and fires the EndOfSpeech event after detecting silence after 1-2 seconds. Is this duration configurable?
Yes, pass your desired time while initializing the SP object

Ideally I'd like to keep recording until a button is tapped, rather than use the EndOfSpeech event. Possible?
I would say restart the listening after the listening stops, but a very hacky way to do it. Take a look here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/include-so-library-in-b4a-library.74250/#post-569854

Sorry for the late reply

Upvote 0

Multiverse app

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0