Yesterday my WIN 8.1 suddenly died

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yesterday suddenly I could not log in to my WIN 8.1 System. PW was ok but the desktop did not load. Instead I was thrown back to the start screen.

Started in safe mode, did some checks (no problems found) and saved newer things. Starting normal again seems to work, the desktop appeared but nothing really worked. Thank's god I had a system backup from March.

So: Do a backup, guys!

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Many lives ago, I was able to understand something by reading the Windows registries.

Now, they have become more complicated or ... I have become illiterate :D
I think it's a little of both ;)

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last week my laptop had problem with Windows update and AVG Antivirus. I used System Restore of Windows to turn it back and now it works fine. You may try it.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I used to install AVG for a while as free solution for family/customers but ditched it because of those problems.

I'm using Avast for a few years and never had those problems with it (so far ;) )

They even made it free for businesses a few weeks ago.

D

Deleted member 103

I installed Avira Pro yesterday.

When trying on the side to go B4x, said the site contains malware and is locked.:mad:
Then I uninstalled it and installed Avira Free.

Now everything is OK.;)

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I used to install AVG for a while as free solution for family/customers but ditched it because of those problems.
I have some free license keys of AVG Internet Security 2015 (expire on 2018). If anyone want one, just PM me :D