You Like cars? What car you have on your country?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
What u have to talk about your Volvo XC60?
I'm going to buy one today.

What do you have to say about the car? security, maintenance, problems etc ...
Is it a good car? I've never had a Volvo, I have no idea how it is.

I will buy a T6 version 3.0 2012, what version you have?
It is a good car. Fuel consumption is quite high (9.5 km per 1 liter). I don't remember the exact model. I think that the engine size is 2.5L.

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My last was an Isuzu Trooper LWB perfect car for London (not) it did 15mpg (6.5km per Litre). Now I use public transport much cheaper.

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
My first car was a Faw F5... yep chinese in aztec lands.

I have an album in facebook with only photos of that car.

Nop, it was not fast, it was not top notch and i have to send it to the car dealer for warranty several times, yet... i loved it.

Attachments

• 44188_108830139181798_173867_n.jpg
    44188_108830139181798_173867_n.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 193

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My first car was a Faw F5... yep chinese in aztec lands.

I have an album in facebook with only photos of that car.

Nop, it was not fast, it was not top notch and i have to send it to the car dealer for warranty several times, yet... i loved it.

the car looks sad :D:D
s-o-s-choro-do-bebe-54-80.jpg

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What about speed limits in your country? Here in Germany we have non on highways. If you ride over 130 km/h and there's an accident, you will be partially guilty, even if it wasn't your fault.

Most of the times the traffic stucks so there's no chance to ride that fast.

Last year I went to Ireland. Even on small streets outside of towns you are allowed to ride with 100 km/h. Here it would be 50 or even less. For me it was big fun and scarry at the same time. You never know what comes behind the next corner.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You never know what comes behind the next corner.
Driving in Italy is almost the same. Many municipalities set very low, frequently changing, speed limits on roads just to have the opportunity to fine you..
Often signs are well hidden behind trees or are vandalized (by yeras and never replaced) and so on.
In other words, they don't care about your safety but just for the money..

Claudio Oliveira

Licensed User
Longtime User
What about speed limits in your country? Here in Germany we have non on highways. If you ride over 130 km/h and there's an accident, you will be partially guilty, even if it wasn't your fault.
If ever the lucky guy survives such an accident! :D
I've had the opportunity to drive a rented car in A3 autobahn from Frankfürt to Würzburg years ago, and it was like WOW!!!!
Driving at 150 Km/h and seeing all those Porsches and Mercedes and BMWs and Audis and... overtaking you at unbeliavable speeds... Scary! :eek:
I've driven in other countries as well. USA, Portugal, Spain, Greece, Netherlands... all great roads, but Germany is another story. You guys have awsome, amazing highways there.

As for Brasil, the maximum speed limit in some highways is 120 Km/h. Usually the speed limit is 100 Km/h. Considering the absolutely awful general state of our federal higways, this is more than fair, I tell you.
There are toll charging highways that are far better, but the speed limits are the same though.
In urban streets, speed limit is 40 to 50, in express ways is 60 to 80.

Claudio Oliveira

Licensed User
Longtime User
Driving in Italy is almost the same. Many municipalities set very low, frequently changing, speed limits on roads just to have the opportunity to fine you..
Often signs are well hidden behind trees or are vandalized (by yeras and never replaced) and so on.
In other words, they don't care about your safety but just for the money..
Are you sure you're not talking about Brasil? :D
Exactly the same here! Speed bumps, judder bars and radars everywhere. A speeding ticket industry.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is that a Scimitar GTC? That's a pretty rare car! Back then I would have liked a Scimitar but settled for 3 Litre V6 Capris on cost grounds :)

As an aside the Royal Navy had three gas turbine powered Scimitar class fast patrol boats (Scimitar (P271), Cutlass (P274) and Sabre (P275) and for publicity Reliant provided a set of Scimitar shooting brakes for the use of the crews. The boats were (EDIT: occasionally - I believe Portland was their usual home) based in HMS Vernon in Portsmouth, now a shopping centre :(, and I remember when I was in Vernon seeing the cars lined up along Vernon Creek where the boats were moored. I should have taken a picture but didn't!

Last edited:

keirS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is that a Scimitar GTC? That's a petty rare car! Back then I would have liked a Scimitar but settled for 3 Litre V6 Capris on cost grounds :)

As an aside the Royal Navy had three gas turbine powered Scimitar class fast patrol boats (Scimitar (P271), Cutlass (P274) and Sabre (P275) and for publicity Reliant provided a set of Scimitar shooting brakes for the use of the crews. The boats were (EDIT: occasionally - I believe Portland was their usual home) based in HMS Vernon in Portsmouth, now a shopping centre :(, and I remember when I was in Vernon seeing the cars lined up along Vernon Creek where the boats were moored. I should have taken a picture but didn't!

Yes it's a GTC. They built around 450 of them so it's quite rare. A 3 Litre Capri goes for quite a bit more than a Scimitar these days.

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Update another cars
other cars I've had.

- Pegout RCZ 2015 = good car, not confortable, but good visual, good low price for a beautiful sport car, this version have gps and bank leasing
- Golf TSI 2014 = very good car, a lot of embedded technology, park assist etc... very very economic around 10/11 km/l in the city and 17/18 on road.
- Mercedes C180 2014 = very confortable, it have a boss visual, Very beautiful interior and respect.. expensive maintenance.
- JEEP Renegade 2016 1.8 =beautiful car of appearance, I stayed only 3 days with this car, very weak, it appears to be 1.0, suffers in overdrive and retorted.
- Hunday Sonata 2012 2.4= I hated this car, sad when driving it, everything plastic, plastic noise for everything, slow engine, you feel like driving a plastic car.
- FORD EDGE 2013 AWD = very confortable, stable, a luxurious car, not economic but very luxurious car.
- AUDI A4 TFSI AMBIENTE 2.0 TURBO = one of the best car i had,total silence, you think you're driving an electric car because of the silence it provides. very good visual, interior and exterior. economic around 9/10 km/l in the city and 14/16 on road, very good for a turbo car 2.0.
- VOLVO XC60 3.0 AWD 285HP = the same car of @Erel ,i m with this car around 5 days, it shows itself very strong, robust, looks like a tank of war, changing the D to sport mode it is like a sportive car, really strong. I still do not have more information because I am a few days.

the car I liked most of all I had was the Audi without a doubt. I just changed it because I'm going to travel to disney next month and I needed some money, so I got the lowest-value Volvo.

if anyone is buying one of the cars from my list, I recommend buying the Golf, if you like motor, I recommend the GTI golf and the Audi A4, A1, A3 etc ... the bests cars.

thx

Attachments

• 20171212_124018.jpg
    20171212_124018.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 20171223_192013.jpg
    20171223_192013.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 203
  • 20180129_142024.jpg
    20180129_142024.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 193
  • 20180224_103714.jpg
    20180224_103714.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 20180318_070624.jpg
    20180318_070624.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 195
  • 20180402_092938.jpg
    20180402_092938.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 20180426_101607.jpg
    20180426_101607.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 177

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't remember all the cars I have had. But...

1st one: 1955 Ford F100 pickup. Bought for $600 with money I saved in my summer job when I was 16.
Most broken car. 1969 type 2 VW (Bus) Easy and cheap to fix, room for all the kids but always seamed to break down.
Favorite car: 1993 Mercedes E300 or 300E... ha ha... It has been a long time but honestly... WOW!!!! Those Germans know how to make cars.

Current car? TAXI!!!!! TAXI!!!!! TAXI!!!!!