Your appeal for reinstatement

Discussion in 'The Business Forum' started by Filippo, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Filippo

Filippo Expert Licensed User

Hi,

my APP "Solitario" was removed from google-play because it did not contain a privacy policy.
    However, after I added this privacy policy (see screeshot), the APP was removed anyway.

grafik.png

Here is the email from Google:
    Now I do not understand what else to do. :(
    It can not be that one should now involve a lawyer.

2. udg

udg Expert Licensed User

Is it possible that they disliked the fact that your app's Store Listing page for the Privacy Policy is written in German only?
    It links to: http://filippo-software.de/Datenschutz/Datenschutzerklärung.html

As a provocation you could list the code you used to collect and use the "account info". Then ask if that is enough or they need more!

Multiverse app likes this.
  3. LucaMs

LucaMs Expert Licensed User

It is enough to publish a link to the privacy policy in your app page?

Write it directly there (in English and in the language of the user's page, ie the translations you have added)

4. Jmu5667

Jmu5667 Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi

You need to have website that has a landing page for your privacy policy. In your app the same link must be available to the user to click. Every app we have on the play store needed this done, even the widgets. Painful, but they are googles rules.

Hope this helps.

John.

DonManfred likes this.
  5. Filippo

I do not think so, the e-mail says nothing about it.

I already have that.

Thanks, I'll try that now.

6. Filippo

Now I've changed and re-uploaded my app, let's see how long it will take to get it removed from Google. :rolleyes:

7. LucaMs

LucaMs Expert Licensed User

I meant: "are you sure that it is enough?" Publish the entire text in your Google page!

8. KMatle

KMatle Expert Licensed User

You need to explain why your app uses e.g. the camera and what you're doing with the pics exactly.

9. Multiverse app

Multiverse app Active Member Licensed User

The emails sent by Google are mere templates, and so may not mention the exact problems. This has led to more confusion for us in the past.

Filippo likes this.
  10. Filippo

I think that what is in my policy in it should be understandable, more is not used in the app. I can not write anything if it is not used.

11. Multiverse app

Multiverse app Active Member Licensed User

12. iCAB

iCAB Active Member Licensed User

try this: it might help
    https://privacypolicytemplate.net/,
    check the button in the upper right corner
    Good Luck!

13. Filippo

This only applies to websites.

The problem is already solved.
    I've updated my privacy policy and now everything is OK, at least my app has been approved again; for how long, I do not know.

Multiverse app likes this.
  14. Alexander Stolte

Alexander Stolte Well-Known Member Licensed User

It is crazy, on what you have to pay attention to and what you have to have everything. In 2 years you have to write two pages about why the button "Hello World" outputs...

PS: Google Translate outputs a Perfect German sentence if you translate my answer :cool:

15. Filippo

do not say it too loud, it could happen otherwise. ;)

DonManfred likes this.
  16. Alexander Stolte

Alexander Stolte Well-Known Member Licensed User

That would enormously prolong the development of my social network App.... :eek: (end of juli 2018 1 year in Development, android is rdy, now i develop it for IOS thx XUI)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice