Wish Zoom Abstract Designer

AHilberink

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I am using a scrollview.panel.height=2500dip. My Windows resolution is 1920x1200.

I am having trouble to place all objects with the Abstract Designer. The workingspace is fixed and even in 50% zoom there is not enough height to place all objects.

Is it possible to get a 25% zoom also or do you have another solution?

Best regards,
André

AHilberink

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Klaus,

Thanks for your reply.

I think it is dificult to use a panel. I use a Layout like this:
B4X:
                ScrollView1.Panel.RemoveAllViews
                ScrollView1.Panel.Height=2500dip
                ScrollView1.Panel.LoadLayout("Layout")

I hope you can help.

Best regards,
André

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Look at this example ScrollView example with a Panel higher than the screen.
It has two layout files:
- one with the ScrollView
- one with a Panel and all Views on this Panel.

In The ScrollViewLayout setting the Top property of pnlTest to -300 you'll see the bottom of the Panel.

AHilberink

Licensed User
Longtime User
Look at this example ScrollView example with a Panel higher than the screen.
It has two layout files:
- one with the ScrollView
- one with a Panel and all Views on this Panel.

In The ScrollViewLayout setting the Top property of pnlTest to -300 you'll see the bottom of the Panel.

Hi Klaus,

I understood your solution. To use a Panel is not suitable for me (because of the structure of my program).
I found another workarround: I changed my Windows Screen from Landscape to Portrait. Now I got more view. A bit difficult handling the mouse ;-).

I prefer a 25% zoom, so may be something for the Wishlist?

Best regards,
André

AHilberink

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why, what is the problem ?

Oke, I will explain. Your solution is possible, but it takes more time within my structure.

The ScrollView is part of AHViewPager. ScrollView is loaded with a layout. The fields on this layout I need to save to SQLite. I need to get every field on the layout by number (you explained this to me within another thread). Putting the fields on a Panel, I need the number within the Panel.

Normal:
B4X:
Date = Scroll.Panel.GetView(12)

Using a panel:
B4X:
PanelBit = Scroll.Panel.GetView(10) 'to get the panel first
    Bit1 = PanelBit.GetView(0)
    Bit2 = PanelBit.GetView(1)

A bit extra, but not a problem at the start. But I already placed all fields (about 60) on the layout. Putting them on a Panel will lost al it's positions and I need start counting again.

I hope you can follow my explanation. I am very gratefull for your help.

Best regards,
André

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you use the Panel in the layout you give it the name ScrollPanel, so it is known and your code is:
B4X:
Bit1 = ScrollPanel.GetView(0)
Bit2 = ScrollPanel.GetView(1)
A bit extra, but not a problem at the start. But I already placed all fields (about 60) on the layout. Putting them on a Panel will lost al it's positions and I need start counting again.
If you don't want to modify the layout, as a workaround, you could add the panel onto the ScrollView in the code and load your layout onto this panel.

AHilberink

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you don't want to modify the layout, as a workaround, you could add the panel onto the ScrollView in the code and load your layout onto this panel.

The layout file is the one who is higher than my Windows Screen. Can I use Design Abstracter with panel that need the layout to be loaded? The layout is a file and a panel is an object?

André

AHilberink

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can load a layout onto a panel in the code, but not in the Designer.

Thanks. I now know I can use a Panel and put all controls on it in new projects at the start.

Currently my Layout is too high to fit on my Windows Resolution, but I can work it out for now.

Best regards,
André