WebView app on AppStore

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all.
i need make a app for one website, and the user want the app based on webview, the site its responsive.
but i see on google, apple dont accept apps with only a webview.
what can i make on this case to apple aprove? the website its made on wordpress, make one app web 100% native will take a lot of hours.

someone here have app based on webview on app store?

http://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...bview-component-get-approved-for-the-appstore

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
they are very strict at what they want to publish.

user experience is important so an app should behave like an app, not like a website that refreshes too slow compared to a fully loaded app.

if they test your app and it just can't reach that site they will reject it immediatly because "it doesn't work and we don't want our user to install bad apps"

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i have a solution for you douglas

create an app with some panels and some buttons, something simple that should pass the apple review.

in the app also place the webview, after apple approve your very simple app (with some buttons that do simple stuff) you can change to only webview.
what i mean is on app start app download a file from your server if file.string is 0 behave like a simple app for apple if 1 show only webview on app start

you can store that value that also if phone is offline it will start only with the webview.

i believe after approve your app apple will not check it again only until the next version and then you can do the same.

good luck. ;)

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i have a solution for you douglas

create an app with some panels and some buttons, something simple that should pass the apple review.

in the app also place the webview, after apple approve your very simple app (with some buttons that do simple stuff) you can change to only webview.
what i mean is on app start app download a file from your server if file.string is 0 behave like a simple app for apple if 1 show only webview on app start

you can store that value that also if phone is offline it will start only with the webview.

i believe after approve your app apple will not check it again only until the next version and then you can do the same.

good luck. ;)

And if he create an app that shows a splashscreen and, after that, show the screen with webview?
Could be approved on the Appstore?

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i m using a splash screen and loading screens with native progressdialog.
and a simple panel with a tutorial to move the finger up and down to use the app.

i will try later with this. but i dont know if will work xD

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And if he create an app that shows a splashscreen and, after that, show the screen with webview?
Could be approved on the Appstore?

i dont know all apple's policies, what i have suggested to dougles is, create and app that should pass the review process and then change the layout of the app like you want. but you should know that such acts could ban your account.

this is only a way how he could pass the review and then show the webview app. maybe apple will also approve a simple webview app i dont know.
better to try first the legal way then he can decide what he want to do...

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but i think when you send one update, real people check this no? need wait review no? never tested send updates

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but i think when you send one update, real people check this no? need wait review no? never tested send updates

as i wrote above...
only until the next version and then you can do the same.

you do the same on the update and after review change back. ofcourse you will need to use another download file, should not be a problem to do that.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
real people check this no?

yeah, and they test your app really into all sections/corners. if you use a login system they even create their own account to test the "hidden" features.

That's probably part of the reason why it takes a week to get an app approved.