b4a IDE style editor

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a new version of the b4a_colors program.

This is a native Windows program to read and write color and font info to and from your b4a.xml file. You can set the colors that you want for the b4a IDE and you can set a font and size for the overall editor. It supports bold on most items.

No installer is needed, just unzip and copy the .exe file anywhere on your disk. There is a small readme file in the zip file. Any comments, suggestions, or feedback is always appreciated.

Enjoy,

--- Jem

v1.0.1 Added share button for saving the xml file to any dir or filename. Fixed a minor bug.
v1.0.2 re-written for a new compiler. Faster and smaller now.

b4a_colors

Last edited:

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Only 6 downloads? :)

Upvote 0

wolf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. :sign0098:

It is necessary to launch it in administrator.

But :
There is a small readme file in the zip file
Not found! just one .exe

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Roger Garstang

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks nice. Does well in grabbing B4A Folder.
My Suggestions/Things I noticed:

1. No Readme as mentioned in post.
2. The bottom row labels go to two lines and are too close to buttons going slightly under them.
3. File size is a little large. What was that wrote in? Seems to have Strings in the EXE indicating libraries for loading image files and such. Probably could turn them off and save space...an app doing what this does should be like 500-800KB or less. Seems like this may be one of those template/scripting engines though like WinBatch or AutoIt with how it has a C++ type dialog in the resources then 4 others embedded as scripts, so may not be too many options.
4. Needs more than one size of icon- 16x16 and 32x32 in 256color and XP Color at minimum with maybe a 48x48 XP Color.
5. Didn't try saving yet, but would be good if it makes a backup and maybe even a secondary file storing settings for itself so you can restore colors you pick on B4A updates that overwrite it. And/Or, the ability to save and create themes to use again and share.

Upvote 0

Roger Garstang

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is necessary to launch it in administrator.

This is because of how B4A is storing settings...it needs Admin too. B4A does make use of a Application Data folder off the Current User's Profile, but only stores 1/2 the settings there and licensing stuff (license key gets copied there and there is a process for removing the old and assigning the new using the Program Files folder and a couple files...or you can manually edit the files making sure your email is updated in registry.dat to match your license file) If all the settings were moved to a user folder then neither would need Admin. Might even be good to split the XML so users can edit easier like this and have a Default theme file that comes with updates/installs and user themes possible.

Upvote 0

Tom Law

Licensed User
Longtime User
What a good idea for a program.

However I am experiencing a path error. Assume that this has been compiled on a 64 bit Windows system (it was the program files(x64) bit that gave it away. You might get a few folks that have problems when running under 32 bits. Suggest that you modify the code to check for a valid path when loading the b4a.xml file.

Upvote 0

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks nice. Does well in grabbing B4A Folder.
My Suggestions/Things I noticed:

1. No Readme as mentioned in post.
2. The bottom row labels go to two lines and are too close to buttons going slightly under them.
3. File size is a little large. What was that wrote in?
4. Needs more than one size of icon- 16x16 and 32x32 in 256color and XP Color at minimum with maybe a 48x48 XP Color.
5. Didn't try saving yet, but would be good if it makes a backup and maybe even a secondary file storing settings for itself so you can restore colors you pick on B4A updates that overwrite it. And/Or, the ability to save and create themes to use again and share.

Great feedback. The readme is now included. I have no idea why it wasn't added.

Labels have been corrected.

It is written in object pascal.

I'll do more icons later.

I added a Share button that allows oyu to select any directory and filename to save to for sharing or as a backup. This is independent of the Save button.

I really appreciate the suggestions.

--- Jem

Upvote 0

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
What a good idea for a program.

However I am experiencing a path error. Assume that this has been compiled on a 64 bit Windows system (it was the program files(x64) bit that gave it away. You might get a few folks that have problems when running under 32 bits. Suggest that you modify the code to check for a valid path when loading the b4a.xml file.

It was actually looking in the right place, but always displayed the (x86) directory on all systems. That has been corrected. You can also click the file button beside the path to pick the path.

Thanks,

--- Jem

Upvote 0

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Version 1.0.1 is now linked

It includes some fixes and a new Share button. See the first post for more.

--- Jem

Upvote 0