CustomDialog/CustomDialog2 problem

basil99

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi!

I start to test my app at different devices and meet the following problem.
I use CustomDialog that holds a panel with different views. Sorry, for no screenshots, but I upload some pics that illustrated the issue ( all in Landscape mode )

Device 1 ( 480x320, OS 2.2 ) display code as figured at 480x320.jpg. Panel is inside CustomDialog window, fully visible and CustomDialog stretch itself in X direction. Perfect for me.

Device 2( 800x480, OS 4.0.4 ) brings me that screen - 800x480.jpg. Seems CustomDialog Window refuse to stretch, so only 1/2 of panel width is visible. I tried different things, but no luck.

All other views looks perfect, scaling works fine.
So, what I need to do to fix it ? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 480x320.jpg
    480x320.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 800x480.jpg
    800x480.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 251

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you post your code? it looks like the panel width hasn't changed. Have you used absolute sizes or %x,%y in the addview?

Upvote 0

basil99

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you post your code? it looks like the panel width hasn't changed. Have you used absolute sizes or %x,%y in the addview?

Code follows, but i'm pretty sure problem outside my app. I attach 2 looks for 480x320/android 2.2 and 800/480/android 4.0.4 for this pretty simple code:

B4X:
dim dummy as Panel
dim MyDialog as Customdialog

dummy.Initialize("")

MyDialog.RemoveView
MyDialog.AddView( dummy, 0, 0, 100%x, 100%y )
result = MyDialog.Show( "Title", "Ok", "Cancel", "Very long text", Null )

And about my real code - i got correct panel width on all devices via width = dummy.width, but seems size of customdialog is FIXED on 800/480/android 4.0.4 device and it ignores both panel width and buttons as well.

Attachments

• 480x320.jpg
    480x320.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 800x480.jpg
    800x480.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you zip and post your project, that way we can try it on our own devices and compare the results.

Upvote 0

basil99

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you zip and post your project, that way we can try it on our own devices and compare the results.

Project is too big, but i create a small one that is easy to understand and has the same behaviour on CustomDialog as source project. Works fine on 480/320/2.2 and has the same weird look at 800x480x4.0.4

Please, see the attachment zip

thank you

Attachments

• MathDebug.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 216
Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It looks like you're not the first, see Erel's answer here

Upvote 0

basil99

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is really bad news (
Have several things based on CustomDialog in my app, some of them can be taylored for this wide screen feature/issue, but my keyboard thingy ruined.

Any chance to contact lib author and ask him to take a look ?

Upvote 0