Android Question Text to speech question tone

Gianni Sassanelli

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
how can i get question tone from text to speech?
It seems to me that the ? (question mark) not be interpreted correctly

For example, how can I say the sentence "Would you like to go out?"

thank's

MicroDrie

Licensed User
how can i get question tone from text to speech?
i suppose the combination of increase and decrease of Pitch and or Speech rate.

For example, how can I say the sentence "Would you like to go out?"
This is not implemented in the standard B4A program environment.

I have made the current TTS implementation suitable for API 33 and for B4A under B4XPages I made a test program. It has the choice whether in addition to setting the Pitch and Speech rate, specifying text to be spoken offers the possibility to choose from the found voices in the different languages that are installed. I'm now looking to see if more features can be added.

The next development step is testing and documenting to control TTS simply via Java object.

Upvote 0

Gianni Sassanelli

Licensed User
Longtime User
i suppose the combination of increase and decrease of Pitch and or Speech rate.

This is not implemented in the standard B4A program environment.

I have made the current TTS implementation suitable for API 33 and for B4A under B4XPages I made a test program. It has the choice whether in addition to setting the Pitch and Speech rate, specifying text to be spoken offers the possibility to choose from the found voices in the different languages that are installed. I'm now looking to see if more features can be added.

The next development step is testing and documenting to control TTS simply via Java object.
thank's MicroDie
I don't think it will be enough to manage the two parameters Pitch and Speech rate.

This is because TTS for the comma and for the period has a different behavior. In these cases it inserts pauses in the sentence
Instead for the ? (question mark) it doesn't change the tone in any way as if it wasn't even written in the string

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
Sorry, but I'll keep your question in mind as I study and learn how to implement TTS with API level 33. Might be a while before I get back to it.

Upvote 0