Android Question Do we have a recording library for B4A that works during phone calls?

bsnqt

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not sure if my searches were sufficient or good enough... but I could not find out any recording library that can help recording call talks during a phone call (even for non-rooted phone).

Any idea or guideline please. Thank you.

Edit. Please do not discuss on the legal / illegal aspect here.

Last edited:

bsnqt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks NJDude for your help and quick answer. I have tried and unfortunately it does not work :(
I think maybe because it is using / based on the Android AudioRecord object

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe that Android frowns upon this and does not support it, although I have seen some apps that claim to have done it (may need a rooted device, although I've not investigated further). Some suggest using the speakerphone and recording that through the microphone.

There doesn't appear to be a direct option (as in selecting a recording source that is the phone call).

Upvote 0

bsnqt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks NJDude and stevel05 for your comments.

Yes I know that Android does not allow it, though there are some recording apps that do that very well, for example CallRecorder (even on the non-rooted devices)... I personally use it and it can record phone calls very clearly both at the user end and caller's end. I raised the question just in case you all can give me some tip or direction where I should go... I made a googling and can see that there are very different topics asking the same question but it seems all solutions are not very effective at this moment.

Thanks again.

Best

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If CallRecorder does record the call internally on your device, you could try using the AudioRecorder or AudioRecord Libraries with the AudioSource set to VOICE_CALL which is a constant number 4 see here or one of the other options. I know it doesn't work on my HTC as I've tried it for someone else before.

CallRecorder provides a list of devices with which it doesn't work. You may have one of the devices on which it isn't disabled.

Upvote 0

bsnqt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh that is a good point to start, thanks stevel05 for your tip. I will try going by that way when I have time, maybe this week-end, and will update you. Once again thanks! NJDude also mentioned about this library but at that time I did not pay attention on that we should change the AudioSource.

Upvote 0