B4J Question Mediaplayer and bps

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
are there any know problems about Mediaplayer when confronted with higher bit rates?
I loaded an audio mp3 file which comes in two versions: 192bps and 320bps
First one works ok, second one hangs up the mediaplayer when the play command is executed. Nothing is showed in log nor a try/catch seems to help
Can't post the files due to copyright restrictions.

Anyway, any known limitation? Or is it this particuilar mp3 file (which plays ok with Groove Music player) that could be problematic? In this case, how to avoid the hang up?

Thanks.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
HI @ThRuST ,
I searched my disk for the test code related to this old post, but couldn't find it.
I can't even recall if I solved the problem at all. Maybe it was a problematic mp3 file.
Do you have a similar problem?

Upvote 0

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi! yes I am having the same problem that you had with mediaplayer not playing correctly in Windows when using B4J.
I have noticed it when running my project on Macintosh which doesn't have this problem, so I searched the forum and found your old post.
I am developing a project called Athena which runs on Java 8 (RNE or JDK 181 or 202 should work). It has come to a point where beta testers are needed
so welcome to install the app, create an account and when you get an email response you can login but at the blue screen don't activate your account,
instead choose no, maybe later and I will activate your account. The software is tied to FastSpring's monthly subscription but you don't need to go through all that :)

Download it here and then we'll take it from there!
I recommend you download the full Starcloud Matrix folder structure and set the path to it locally.
That should help to get you started.

Starcloud Matrix for Visitors (Released versions folder)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2fn9qelihy2q8nd/AAAyxegta-3pOVF-W8q6k20Za?dl=0

Best regards,
Roger

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Roger,
I'm aware of your great work on Athena since I'm following your posts since the beginning.
I'm close to some days of vacation so my presence in the forum is occasional these days.
Eventually, can you post a link to the problematic file? I have some bits of code I could try on it before my leave.

Upvote 0

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, I'm flattered but we all work hard with our projects here on B4X, not to mention Erel's excellent work :)
Anyway, my issue seems to be related to the bitrate of mp3's so it needs to be tested in a sealed off example or just by
changing the bitrates in the project. There's two sound-themes and also skin support so you're welcome to dive in whenever you want.
I might take a trip to the ocean with my bicycle. That's 8.3 km to go there I was there yesterday so I enjoy the experience of visiting nature.
I cannot afford a car how embarrassing with a promising project like this, but it is that way right now. Actually Stevel05 (Steve Laming) is part
of this project so we're doing the best to fail forward with implementing new ideas. Next up is a drag and drop feature that will turn the modules
into a portable "drawer" to pile files and organize the hard-drives. Actually it was his idea which I look forward to implement sometime soon.
As a beta tester you can use the full functionality of the app and be a hardcore tester before it published officially. So give it a spin whenever you have time.
Bugs and fixes will be corrected along the way since this is a long-term (and massive) project. I am considering to put it out on Kickstarter to boost the concept.
Gimme a shout when you're back in the bits again, enjoy sunshine :cool: šŸ‘

Roger

Upvote 0